Notifications
Clear all

Prusa Slicer Not writing G-code properly  

RSS
Alex Knight
(@alex-knight)
Prusa Slicer Not writing G-code properly

So, when I slice my model with the default unchanged settings for PLA Prusament, and export it to the printer via the SD card, the nozzle temperature for the print is 0 degrees instead of 215 while attempting to print. I've tried reslicing my model several times and it only seems to happen with this particular file. 

Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Thank you.  

Posted : 02/03/2021 6:12 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: Prusa Slicer Not writing G-code properly

No. Please save the project file that you are generating the gcode from.  Take the resulting 3mf file and zip it up and attach the zip here. It needs to be zipped for the forum to accept the file type. 
with the project we will be able to slice with exactly the same settings and should get exactly the same gcode output so we can check for any issues. 

Posted : 02/03/2021 6:17 pm
Alex Knight
(@alex-knight)
Topic starter answered:

HellcatInterceptor

Posted : 02/03/2021 7:29 pm
Loak
 Loak
(@loak)
Estimable Member

Hi,

Are you using an i3 MK3s ? if yes, you have to redo a full setup of PrusaSlicer as your 3mf file show us a strange printer,with, assuming your printer is an i3 MK3s, bad Z size, bad start and end gcode and bad firmware (RepRap/Sprinter vs Marlin for an I3 MK3s).

MK3s Stock, PS2.3, Fusion360, Debian, Windows 10.

Posted : 02/03/2021 7:58 pm
Alex Knight
(@alex-knight)
Topic starter answered:

@loak

Thank you for the reply! So just reinstalling the program from Prusa will solve this problem?

Posted : 02/03/2021 8:08 pm
Loak
 Loak
(@loak)
Estimable Member

The shortest way is to click on the gear next to the printer rolling menu on the right side and to choose the good printer with the nozzles you may use.

The longest way is to reinstall PrusaSlicer and make the good choices thru the printer & nozzles choosing menu, the filaments presets choosing menu .... It's the best way to have a nice and clean starting configuration of PrusaSlicer.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Loak

MK3s Stock, PS2.3, Fusion360, Debian, Windows 10.

Posted : 02/03/2021 8:18 pm
Alex Knight
(@alex-knight)
Topic starter answered:

@loak

Could you please elaborate on the Z size (should that be the matching value of the calibrated Z nozzle distance from the printer?) bad start and gcode, and maybe how to fix those?

Thanks again!

Posted : 02/03/2021 10:35 pm
Alex Knight
(@alex-knight)
Topic starter answered:

PS: Should I be using Marlin or RepRap?  online documentation seems to point to the default setting of Marlin. 

Posted : 02/03/2021 10:43 pm
Peter M
(@peter-m)
Noble Member

If you import a 3mf file to print, and it is made on a different printer,

it is possible that in slicer the printer changes.

Then you need to choose your printer in the slicer. On the right side you can change this.

Posted : 03/03/2021 9:31 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

Alex can you confirm what printer you are actually using please.  We cant help you without knowing.  The project you posted (thank you btw) is set up for a printer type called "Foundry".  Now I am not familiar with that printer type but its configuration is quite different from what would be seen on a MK3 printer.  

As has been pointed out that printer is configured to use RepRap firmware, if thats correct for the printer then ok.  Theres not much in the way of start gcode in there, for example it doesnt preheat the bed or preheat the nozzle to the filament temperature as those lines are not there.  Basically we need some background as to your actual setup and if the project file was something you put together or downloaded from elsewhere.

Posted : 03/03/2021 10:58 am
Loak liked
Share: