Notifications
Clear all

Problems printing with crystal iceland blue  

RSS
Erwin
(@erwin-2)
Problems printing with crystal iceland blue

Hello All, 

I have some printing issues with crystal iceland blue.

I got a shield print for my star wars legion miniatures and I bought crystal iceland blue as PLA.

But none of my 4 print tries got any higher then 1 cm: see pictures below. After reading some comments I even increased the printing temperature to 230, but it also failed. Then I tried it with normal prusament PLA and it worked without any problem.

Also after trying to restart the print with crystal blue nothing comes out the nozzle, as if there is something blocked or the PLA isn't push trough to the nozzel. Also getting the crystal blue pla released give problems; I have to pull hard to get it out.

With prusament PLA I never have this problem.

Does anyone has any suggestion how to make sure the print finish with crystal blue pla or has similair problems?

Thanks in advance, 

Erwin

Posted : 21/10/2020 2:43 pm
JK Proto
(@jk-proto)
RE: Problems printing with crystal iceland blue

I also have this problem with green PLA. I have used white, black and gray PLA from the same manufacturer (Clas Ohlson. Dont know the actul manufacturer) and they print with no problems. The green PLA looks just like that blue you are printing and I wonder if it has something to do with that semi transparent material. I have a roll of clear PLA and im going to test if that has the same problem. 

Kinda giving you a high five while drowning, but im in the same boat.

Posted : 22/10/2020 8:16 am
Erwin liked
Erwin
(@erwin-2)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Problems printing with crystal iceland blue

Last try worked like a charm.

I have increased the printing temperature to 250 degrees and slow down all printing with 25%.

regards, 

erwin

Posted : 22/10/2020 6:06 pm
JK Proto liked
Share: