Notifications
Clear all

Problem with 3D850 PLA filament  

RSS
jose ignacio.h2
(@jose-ignacio-h2)
Problem with 3D850 PLA filament

I have bought a 3D850 PLA filament and I have had many problems using it. I have tested several configurations (temperature, unload speed, etc). Jams in the hot ender, extrusion stops suddendly... I have been talking with the spanish manufacturer, asking me to test other configurations but nothing works. My question is... Is there anyone who use this PLA and works fine?. Thanks in advance.

Natxo.

Posted : 14/02/2019 7:32 pm
jonathan.b51
(@jonathan-b51)
Re: Problem with 3D850 PLA filament

I have a LOT of problem with this PLA too. It's the only filament that I have issues with, both the black and translucent, and I have about 1000 hours of printing with other filaments without problems. I tried lots of settings trying to fix the problem but it dosent work. I'm pretty sure the issue is not coming from the printer but I dont understand why this particular filament dosent work well.

Posted : 12/04/2019 4:14 pm
Javi H
(@javi-h)
RE: Problem with 3D850 PLA filament

So right now I am trying to print with 850PLA ivory white, and while I'm pleased with the color and the quality of the unfinished pieces that I obtain,  I'm still facing the same problems.

I'm experiencing some improvement by going to higher temperatures than recommended (right now 228ºC) and reducing the flow to 0.9 but until now my setup only delays the moment when it gets stuck and the extruder motor starts 'clicking' out of too much tension.When that moment arrives I can unload the filament without any problems, cut it and start again. No need to clean the nozzle.

I observe that the removed tip it's always kind of fat. I believe PLA grows too much inside the hotend and causes too much friction. It is a shame... I like the color.

Posted : 23/10/2019 9:13 am
Dave Avery
(@dave-avery)
Honorable Member

printing in a warm enclosure or room makes the problem worse

printing with lots of retractions makes the problem worse

decreasing retraction distance can help

increasing the heatsink cooling with a different heatsink fan can help

replacing the default prusa  heat break with a plain E3D one can help ( but may make MMU2 function worse)

Posted : 23/10/2019 8:56 pm
EVOLT
(@evolt)

Hi
Yes, i have the same problem of Jams to with all INGEO 850 and 3D850 filaments.
i cant have a print without a clog / jam.
did anyone find the best settings ?

Posted : 26/11/2019 12:47 pm
Sembazuru
(@sembazuru)
Prominent Member

There is a good video demonstrating the issues, describing the root cause (tl;dr, it seems to be the stepped MK3 heat break), and a solution (tl;dr, replace the MK3 heatbreak with a standard E3D heatbreak).

See my (limited) designs on:
Printables - https://www.printables.com/@Sembazuru
Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/Sembazuru/designs

Posted : 26/11/2019 6:09 pm
Javi H
(@javi-h)

I succeded printing with my ingeo 850 ivory white. Somehow it was related to the ptfe tube inside the heatbreak. I just replaced it with a hand made onen cut from capricorm ptfe and now it's working

Posted : 06/12/2019 10:18 am
Javi H
(@javi-h)

Well it got better for a while, and I did some easy pieces but the problem keep coming back. Somehow just unounting the extrusor helps, but I think the problem in the end is related to the custom prusa heatbreak and the caracteristics of ingeo.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Javi H
Posted : 15/02/2020 8:21 pm
Share: