Notifications
Clear all

Printing this house section is causing spaghetti messes  

RSS
doot doot beep
(@doot-doot-beep)
Printing this house section is causing spaghetti messes

Hi all,

I'm struggling to print this object with my MK3S. I've tried infill between 5-20% with no luck, supports enforced, etc. Sli3er and Cura. It always gets tripped up printing the textured floor. I'm using PLA at 215/60 and 0.20mm layers. There's a link to an imgur gallery with the spaghetti mess that always happens. 

This around the layers that I believe are giving it trouble, it ends up trying to bridge over the purple sections for some reason:

Spaghetti Mess Pictures

https://imgur.com/a/UAP2dZv

Thanks!

Posted : 08/12/2019 3:46 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: Printing this house section is causing spaghetti messes

Low infill will cause problems when printing solid layers above the infill. The new layer will exhibit curl that snags the nozzle and causes a crash or pulls the part loose from the bed. 

15% is a recommended minimum for a reason.  Lower infill settings require some hand holding and unique adjustments to print and fan speeds, and sometimes to filament cooling settings to work well. 

From the images, this looks to be the primary issue... but there may be others.

This post was modified 4 years ago by --
Posted : 08/12/2019 9:26 pm
doot doot beep
(@doot-doot-beep)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Printing this house section is causing spaghetti messes

Like I said, it did this with various attempts at infill up to 20%. The designer changed his STL to add some cross beams at layers below and the problem went away. The problem appears to me as if the layers below weren't treated as infill but I barely know anything about this stuff. I only say that because it was doing top fill at that point and not infill.  

The creator for the STL said he was printing at 5% infill on a Ender 3 with no problems and printed the piece multiple times. He used Cura as his slicer. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by doot doot beep
Posted : 09/12/2019 9:56 pm
Share: