[Solved] MK3S+ ... can't print square grids
I am new to the MK3S + ... a week or so of printing.
I have been printing some grids, and noticing when laying them side by side, and up and down from each other, they are not fitting tightly ... a 1-2 mm gap in the corners on 203 mm sides. So I made a 203 mm square frame in Fusion 360, and it prints a bit like a parallelogram, (like the grids do) I have a 1 mm gap to the left of square in the back right corner, and a 1-2 mm gap to the right of square in the front left corner ... so kinda leaning to the left.
I have tried skirts and brims, per Prusa Chats, but they don't make any difference, so I don't think the print is moving.
From my experience level, this is looking like a "rabbit hole", and would appreciate any advice.
Thank You for any consideration !
So a little better than 1% error?
Not bad for a new user with a new-built printer.
As you gain experience and get the printer dialled in you should expect 0.2% accuracy or better without taking any drastic steps. After your first month you should, as a matter of course, go over the machine and check the frame and moving parts for any slackness due to running in and settling of parts that might have carried uneven stresses from the build. Expect a small improvement. Repeat in three months, then annually.
For now measure the error and calibrate the design to accommodate to the results you are getting. Expect to recalibrate in due course so keep the values in an easy-to-change variable.
Is that lien supposed to stuck to the sheet. If so, it appears that either my eyes are off of you Z is a little high. There is nto enough squish.
3D Printer Review Blog...
Thank You Diem and cwbullet, I appreciate your advice, Thank You !
So the solution to this was not a deliberate fix. I got a filament jam that required me to take the heat sink off of the heat break to expose the PTFE tube with filament stuck hard inside of it. I then heated up the nozzle to 150 C and I could pull the PTFE tube out. Next I cleaned the thermal paste off the heat break and reapplied new paste, screwed the heat sink back on, re-inserted a new PTFE tube and locked it with the black ring, put that all back together and then went through the initial set up calibrations.
I then printed my Fusion 360 Square to see if my reconstructed extruder would be printing properly… to my excitement it printed the square frame beautifully and measuring it with a metal square all four corners were square… Problem solved through no fault of my own… Ha ha.
This was a kit so I can only think that somehow perhaps the hot end was not seated correctly on my initial build… But whatever the reason I am printing square grids, and I am a happy Prusa Printer again !!