Clear all

Engraved text on first layer  

RSS
Onur İnci
(@onur-inci)
Trusted Member
Engraved text on first layer

Hi,

I'm having problems with printing the engraved text on the first layers.

When I print the first layer with engraved text on top of it the text parts don't stick well to the plate, letters pop up. If I print without the text (just straight first layer) I don't get this issue. What should I do be able to print beautiful text on the first layer? Thanks.

Posted : 01/06/2020 2:00 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Estimable Member
RE: Engraved text on first layer

Do mean engraved or raised text?

Posted : 04/06/2020 3:15 pm
DarcShadow
(@darcshadow)
Trusted Member

From his photo it's a void in the printed object, technically not engraved but it's the same result as if you took a solid object and engraved it.

How big is the object? You may simply be trying to print first layer detail that is beyond what the printer is capable of.

Second question, what does the other side look like? From the photo it looks like just a cylinder, if you can flip the object so the words are on top you should be able to get the results you want.

Posted : 04/06/2020 3:22 pm
Onur İnci
(@onur-inci)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@jerry-s3

I don't know what to call actually 😀 In 3d modeling we say that boolean operation. It means that the cutter object cuts into the another model.

Posted : 06/06/2020 6:31 pm
Onur İnci
(@onur-inci)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@darcshadow

Sorry for the confusion. I should have said "reverse engraved". Basically the text cuts into the model. It's the same as the bottom of the benchy. 

My other two Creality printers have not problem with printing this but my Prusa has. Besides i use PrusaSlicer for Creality machines. So that is interesting considering that prusa is a much quality machine than Creality. 

I clean the pei sheet almost on a print basis. So it must not be related to the grease of the bed.

Posted : 06/06/2020 6:43 pm
Andrew
(@andrew-5)
Estimable Member

I don't know what filament you are using but PLA on the smooth sheet will give you good results......so long as your first layer is good. I would work on getting the first layer spot on and take it from there. 

Andrew

Posted : 07/06/2020 5:53 pm
ovar0409
(@ovar0409)

I had the same problem while printing a nozzle box with "Nozzle" written at the bottom. I simply cleaned the original pei bed of my Prusa MK2 with alcohol and lower the speed of the print to 70% (in the Tuning menu). I did not change any setting in PrusaSlicer. Printed in PLA with the Generic PLA profile, 0.15 mm optimal (0.4 nozzle). Filament is in a Sunlu dryer box modified with a fan... so 13% moisture which helps as well.

Posted : 07/11/2022 10:28 pm
Share: