combining objects - HELP
So i am trying to combine a bunch of stls into one. We are going to a wedding today where the groom is blind and I wanted to make a card that he wouldn't have to have read to him.
So i went to https://touchsee.me/ and got 6 individual stls from there with each line of text. I need to combine them and put them on a card sized plate so i can print them as one.
so far they are not importing to tinkercad, not sure why but they import with bad or missing parts
I figured i could use a modifier but I cannot get it to combine all the parts and the modifier. seems like it will only modify one part and not all.
I've attached the files, they are in order from 1-6 i'm going to a bday party for a relative but will keep on refreshing here in the mean time. I have until 5pm tonight to be ready so about 7 hrs.
since is is only allowing me to upload one per post:
Late but you didn't give a lot of details and I didn't see it till late
Thank you Joan! I ended up getting a reply on r/prusa in about 2 minutes so it was already done by the time that you replied. So i am very sorry i did not update here that it was done already.
i did it 2 color, although he won't be able to tell and i thought it turned out really nice:
did you change colour by print height? or use MMU2?
it is Chris, not david, and I did it by layerheight. The fiasco I had with changing a nozzle has convinced me to leave my mmu2 in the box until I get a second mk3(s) to experiment with.
Short synopsis of that fiasco
1) bought a e3d nozzle-x so i could print some abrasive filament
2) followed the video instructions (yes I really did) but the new nozzle would bottom out before it hit the heatbrake (learned this after filament was coming out around the nozzle as well as through it.
3) ordered a new heat block, thermistor (old one stuck in the old block) heatbrake. and swapped the heater, heatsink, and nozzle-x to the new heatblock and since i ordered an e3d thermistor it has a connector about where the wires go behind the heatblock so it was difficult to get them sorted to not drag on the bed.
but this didn't last long at all as i had the nozzle mated to the heatbrake but the nozzle itself was too far out so it printed petg with little fan fine but PLA it failed catastrophically. retracts left a solid plug that went into the heatbrake and caused it to completely stall
4) gave up on the nozzle x and ordered a whole new hotend from prusa.
5) upgraded my mk3 to mk3s with the new hot end, but, remember that petg printing i was talking about? I got the mk3s kit because i had the mm2 so I have the mmu2 mk3s parts so i printed 3 (of the 4 i needed) parts for the single mk3s. so i get to the part where I need the fs-lever and guess what. did not have. so i had to put it together without, then print the fs-lever, then disassemble and try to put back in.
and the best part? my IR sensor, for whatever reason, just randomly toggles back and forth from 0 to 1 to 0, so now I have a replacement for that on the way.
video of the sensor...
so until i find a spot for a second printer, I will live without the mmu2(s).
It has a spot in the closet that the roomba vacuums around daily.
probably a sensor flag problem
the IR sensor is a dual mold style sensor
the sense area is 0.4x1.2MM and the window should be completely covered or clear in the 2 states
here are the sensitivity plots for the sensor Prusa uses
so the flag should engage the sensor by at least 1.4mm .
as you can see just a small movement can affect the sensing
Not sure what you are telling me. I have reprinted the fs lever 4 times with no change. It will change state even just sitting without any change but for the video I didn't want to wait 10 minutes for it to do so. It does it faster when filament is moving
check how the flag on the lever interacts with the gap in the sensor. as you can see in the sensor part specs there is a tiny window the flag needs to cover and uncover. if the mounting of either part is off the flag will either not be all the way in the gap or not move out of the gap as the filament engages the gears. you may need to shave or extend the flag or adjust the sensor mount so that the position of the flag moves from blocking the IR beam to unblocking the beam with filament engagement. given that the detection window of the sensor is only 0.4mm wide small changes in position can have a large effect. I ended up using modified extruder design that has a simple adjustment for the sensor, but that is probably overkill
thanks for the suggestion but i have parts on the way and I like my stock printer. Glad you found something that worked for you
even stock prusa parts can have problems. the checks are a good thing to know with either the MMU or stock mk3s configs
no doubt that is true. But i'm thinking it is the sensor itself that is the problem.