XYZ calibration consistently failing after disassembling the extruder.

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
Harold the Fish
(@harold-the-fish)

I have owned my Prusa i3 mk3s for about a month. I noticed that print quality was dropping, so I did the self-test and calibration wizard. It told me that there was an X-Axis length error. After looking around the forums and subreddits, I found that the cause of this error was the fact that some cables (in my case, the extruder motor cable) were not tucked in properly. So I disassembled parts of the extruder, the cable sleeve, and the motherboard box to tighten everything into place. Afterward, I did the self-test and calibration wizard again. I had no problem with self-test, but instead with the calibration. I got the error "XYZ calibration failed. Please consult the manual". I did everything this guide told me to, such as adjusting the PINDA probe and making sure nothing was obstructing the axis movements. I suspect that wherever I messed up, it was when I disassembled and reassembled the extruder. I am very new to all of this, I am just a freshman in high school, and I don't really have any background knowledge with this stuff. Has anyone experienced something similar, and/or is willing to share what they know that might help solve this problem? Thanks! 🙂

Posted : 18/04/2020 2:30 am
Peter M
(@peter-m)
Noble Member
RE: XYZ calibration consistently failing after disassembling the extruder.

Where does it stop, more info is always better.

Check the pinda sensor, the height, do a little higher or lower, and test again.

Check around the pinda sensor if nothing is crackt.

Posted : 18/04/2020 7:11 pm
Harold the Fish
(@harold-the-fish)
Topic starter answered:

@peter-m26

Where does the calibration wizard stop? It goes all the way up to the point when it has attempted to find all 4 out of 4 calibration points. After it does that, It says the error mentioned above, "XYZ calibration failed. Please consult the manual."

Posted : 18/04/2020 7:14 pm
paul.c38
(@paul-c38)

I'm having the same issue, it goes all the way to the 4th point completes it and then says  "XYZ calibration failed. Please consult the manual." I've even replaced the pinda with a new one. Any advice on how to remedy this problem?

Posted : 01/05/2020 10:49 pm
Share: