X-Axis layer shifting after all recommended steps
my Prusa I3 MK3S is currently two and a half years old and I have a serious issue with X-axis layer shifting.
The biggest shift has been 1.2mm. They are always going towards the positive X-axis direction.
The shifts occur most often below 4.1cm (Z-Axis) with my highest shift being at 7.8cm.
What I have already tried:
- Tightening / Tension of the belt (Checked with belt tensioning calibration)
- Lubrication of the X-axis rods
- Firmware upgrade
- Resliced the model to rule out any software issues
- Recalibrated the whole printer
- Bontech gear alignment and idler screw tension
- Printing a Filamentguide to rule out any forces from the spule
Has anybody an idea what else I could try?
Thanks in advance!
Tipically layer shifts are just problems of loose pulleys on steppers, try to check 🙂
Rarely are problem of too hot stepper, but it's not the case.
I've already realigned the pulleys and tightened them again. 🙂
are you printing from sd-card? octoprint? any octoprint plugins?
I'm always printing from an SD Card to rule out any transmission errors. 😀