Notifications
Clear all

X axis calibration error after flashing firmware  

RSS
matrosov
(@matrosov)
X axis calibration error after flashing firmware

Good Evening.  I just flashed my firmware to the latest version and now I am experiencing an issue of the head assembly going too far on x axis and hitting the frame.  I tried to re-calibrate but getting x-axis length test error.  Everything was working fine prior to the firmware update.  What would be the best way to go about troubleshooting this. I already checked zip ties and wire harnesses and they are free and clear.  From I am seeing is it's entire nozzle assembly that goes too far on x axis. 

Thank you. 

Posted : 15/11/2019 9:51 pm
x50arm
(@x50arm)
Estimable Member
RE: X axis calibration error after flashing firmware

I just had a calibration error that was only corrected by doing a factory reset and rerunning all calibrations.

Posted : 15/11/2019 11:05 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

The test bangs the extruder from left max to right max to verify there is 210 mm of travel.  If there are obstructions like cable ties hitting the Einsy case, you get a fail.  

And, after a firmware update, reset with data clear is a must.

Posted : 16/11/2019 2:34 am
matrosov
(@matrosov)
Topic starter answered:

@tim-m30

Thanks, let me see if I can reset it.  I tripple checked the cables nothing there that I can see.  Also I just noticed that I cannot move x axis by hand should I also loosen the tensioner at this point as well?  Before the flash everything was moving normally. 

Posted : 16/11/2019 3:49 am
Bogdan
(@bogdan)

Hi

I had the same issue in 3.8.1. Reset to factory defaults did not work. I spoke via chat with Prusa Support. They sent me version 3.8.0 and told me to downgrade. Once I did this, all went back to normal.

Looks like a bug in 3.8.1. I also reprorted this on Github.

So, i suggest you try to put back 3.8.0.

Cheers!

Bogdan

Posted : 16/11/2019 6:15 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

X and Y - when powered off - should move to the limits very easily; with X being slightly stiffer than Y.  If powered down the X or Y axes are hard to move, something is not right.

ps: Belt tension - unless extremely overtightened - should not cause an axis to seize.

This post was modified 4 years ago by --
Posted : 17/11/2019 2:07 am
Share: