Wrong file printed
I've now ran into this too many times to account it to user error anymore. Today's workflow was as follows:
1. replace bed sensor cable as it was giving MINTEMP FIXED error last week.
2. print stuff, ok print, 2h something.
3. at print finish, set PETG preheat, wait for removed sheet to cool down and remove print
4. select next file to print, I had three similarly named files so I was careful to select the one I wanted and waited several seconds for the LCD to scroll until I saw the print time. Clicked to select.
5. print started just fine (i.e. the print quality for first layer was ok) and I got distracted doing actual work
6. about 15 minutes into the print I realize it's fully wrong file, it's not even another of those three but a file two-three slots lower in the SD listing.
So, I'm positive I didn't select that file but that's what it chose to print. And since it wasn't the next up or down from the correct file, I don't really trust it to be the encoder to have changed position while pushing button either. Has anyone else seen something like this? I cleaned the sheet now, just for kicks chose to preheat it and then started printing, this time the correct file, no problems. Will keep a closer eye on this since I'm fairly sure this has happened to me a couple times previously.
If you select and click too fast, yes, this will sometimes happen.
what JSW said is correct, slow down and give the poor 8 bit computer a second, especially if you have a lot of files on your card. I'll scroll to the file I want, wait just a second or two, and then scroll up one to make sure its responding and then back to the file I want and watch the title scroll across the screen for a sec before I select it. been doing it so long now I don't even think about it.