What Might Cause Such Printing Problem, Please Have A Look.

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
HandmadeWoodStuff
(@handmadewoodstuff)

Please have a look and let me know your opinion about what might be the cause of such problem, it happens with PLA and PETG but its more visible with PETG.

Thank You.

Ahmed,

Posted : 18/06/2020 3:36 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: What Might Cause Such Printing Problem, Please Have A Look.

First guess is you are trying to print too fast.  Reduce print speeds using the front know to half or even quarter speed.  So if that helps.

Posted : 20/06/2020 8:20 am
HandmadeWoodStuff
(@handmadewoodstuff)
Topic starter answered:

@tim-m30

I'm using Prusa PETG filament profile without modifying anything, plus this issue wasn't visible earlier with my other prints.

I also noticed that this issue happens mainly in the center of the bed, I did measure the bed temp in several points with a laser thermometer, the temp almost even all over the bed.

Posted : 26/06/2020 11:44 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

Did you slow down the print speed to at least half, or more? Especially infill?  

These gaps are 100% speed related, and evidence you are printing way too fast for the material and probably under-extruding as well (rectilinear infill has an issue, especially when printing too fast).

Posted : 26/06/2020 4:05 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

@ahmed-a20

If you want to find the root cause,  you have to try many things step by step eliminating possibilities.  You have to try what tim said, so we can move forward with the investigation.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 26/06/2020 5:15 pm
Share: