Weird "moire" or how to call it. Prusa support doesent know how to fix it.

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
Filmatura
(@filmatura)

Hey, so i have my mk3S KIT! for around 1-2 months. Ive been getting this issue with really weird ghosting, but all round the print. Mainly on larger objects and straight walls.
It happens ON BOTH THE Y AND X axis. So i ruled out bad bearings or belt tension. I tried adjusting both the Y bearings and both x and y belts, nothing changes this. Im just going to try the "Extruder linearity correction calibration" and see if that helps, but im starting to loose all hope. Anyone had this happen ? Please tell me there is somebody else that had the same issue. Thanks
Pics :
https://imgur.com/a/yCDlJgC

Posted : 25/01/2020 5:56 pm
reynol liked
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Weird "moire" or how to call it. Prusa support doesent know how to fix it.

It's not well documented, but the Extruder Linearity Correction calibration procedurecan help with that patterning.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 25/01/2020 8:09 pm
Filmatura
(@filmatura)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Hey. I can't get it to work. No matter what the way the part looks is the same. The part on the left is on 1.1 correction and on right is off (should look different on each "block") 

Posted : 26/01/2020 2:39 pm
Filmatura
(@filmatura)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

https://imgur.com/a/ny3by4B

Posted : 26/01/2020 2:41 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

I haven't kept any of my test prints, but I print it in silver to highlight the issue. In the right light, I can see variations in the finish. Mine's about 1.12 IIRC. Be sure you're using a filament that really shows the issue and try holding the print at different angles. I'm afraid that's all I can suggest.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 26/01/2020 5:04 pm
Filmatura
(@filmatura)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Damn. I dont know why but it seems that no matter what number i set there is ABSOLUTELY no difference. No matter what. Im gonna try the new 3.9 beta with the new linear advance and see if that affects anything. Thanks anyways

Posted : 26/01/2020 5:15 pm
reynol
(@reynol)

Were you successful in fixing this?  I have a brand new Prusa mk3s+ kit and it is exhibiting exactly the same issue.  Please help.

Posted : 29/08/2022 6:28 pm
Share: