Notifications
Clear all

Version R3 EINSY Base  

RSS
K7ZPJ
(@k7zpj)
Reputable Member
Version R3 EINSY Base

Has anyone upgraded to the R3 Enisy base with the cable clamps and Raspberry door?
If so, any problems or issues changing it out?

Posted : 28/09/2018 6:57 pm
stahlfabrik
(@stahlfabrik)
Honorable Member
Re: Version R3 EINSY Base

No issues! it is super nice!

Posted : 05/10/2018 12:44 pm
Steve_AU
(@steve_au)
Trusted Member

Didn't even realise the enclosure had been updated. Have run out of square 3mm nuts, only just had enough for it. The top is so much better, although the heatbed cable was too thick for the channel, I didn't dare screw it all the way in.

I don't see it in the prusa shop, is there a way to get that cable wrap for cheap? I note that all the cabling is being done with the same wrap now. I figure the newer wrap might be a bit of a tighter fit.

Otherwise it was fine to print and install. I didn't unplug anything except the X-axis motor, as it gets in the way of one of the screws when installing the board.

Edit: I found the stuff on Aliexpress/Ebay (Australia), though it will be on the slow boat from china to get here. Search for cable sleeve nylon -expandable and you should find it. The expandable stuff is a PITA to work with.

Posted : 07/10/2018 12:14 pm
stahlfabrik
(@stahlfabrik)
Honorable Member

The original stuff is from HellermannTyton „Twist-in“. In Europe you can get it from Conrad

Posted : 10/10/2018 6:09 pm
K7ZPJ
(@k7zpj)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@stahlfabrik - Thank you.
I printed out the parts and installed them. It came out really nice.
I found 6mm textile split sleeve on Amazon.

Posted : 20/10/2018 12:26 am
Share: