Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

THERMAL RUNAWAY - MK3S - PLA - 265C on first layer  

RSS
Timothy Graupmann
(@timothy-graupmann)
Eminent Member
THERMAL RUNAWAY - MK3S - PLA - 265C on first layer

I have a Prusa MK3S and I use the PEI Coated Sheet to print PLA.

I've found that in order to get the first layer to stick really well, every time I print, I crank up the nozzle to 265C for the first layer. After the first layer is down, I use tune and set it back to 215C. I arrived at this number through trial and error increasing +5C printing some very skinny tall things until I reached a reproducible success.

When I talk to others in the community, I get cringeworthy look like I'm doing something wrong. I've tried +10C on the bed, but it doesn't work as well as just bumping the nozzle temp.

This process gets me a perfect print every time that doesn't accidentally slip of the bed in the middle of a print.

The problem is every 2-4 prints, I get an error THERMAL RUNAWAY. I have to reset the print after this error.

There it is again. THERMAL RUNAWAY in the same place. The nozzle just stays on the bed making a big spot.

I think the best way to handle this is to immediately move the Z +20.

Does the error take into account that I manually increased the nozzle temp?

https://help.prusa3d.com/article/aicptwdn3b-thermal-runaway

Dieses Thema wurde geändert Vor 5 years 2 mal von Timothy Graupmann
Veröffentlicht : 15/09/2019 5:32 pm
Timothy Graupmann
(@timothy-graupmann)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter answered:
RE: THERMAL RUNAWAY - MK3S - PLA - 265C on first layer

I was increasing the nozzle temp manually in the tune section. I just realized it's a setting in the slicer for first layer temp. I'm trying that now.

Veröffentlicht : 15/09/2019 6:09 pm
Teilen: