Notifications
Clear all

Software Enhancement  

RSS
Richard Boyhan
(@richard-boyhan)
Software Enhancement

Not sure where to post this?  Anyway...

2 features to help support blockers or enforcers.

1. Give some kind of visual feed back as to what a support addition is?  Is it either a blocker or enforcer.  Instead of having to right click the support addition and select "Change Type" to see what type of support addition we are looking at.

2. Allow us to keep the support additions in place and replace the STL file with a new STL that uses the original support additions.  I have a STL that I make minor changes to, but when I load it I have to re-create all my support additions for it all over again.

Thanks for a great product, keep up the good work!

Richard

Posted : 18/10/2020 3:20 am
Yveske liked
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: Software Enhancement

Soft ware suggestions and bugs should be made on the Prusa slicer github as that’s where the developers work from. 
However I’d like to point out that support enforcers are coloured blue and support blockers are coloured red currently. So point one of your post is already covered.  

As for point 2, using reload from disk option (right click the model on the plater) will reload an updated stl file as long as it has the same name. This will keep all your modifiers. However it’s a bit glitchy if you have scaled or rotated a stl.  One thing you do is to use the same modelling software you use for the stl file to design your modifiers. You can then load those custom ones in. 

Posted : 18/10/2020 10:14 am
Share: