Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Slicer, overlapping obects are subtracted  

RSS
inf-17
(@inf-17)
Slicer, overlapping obects are subtracted

HI, I have some pins standing on a base, the pins are going all the way trough the base. The area where the pins and base overlaps, the slicer omit material, see picture.

The rings to the right are made in the same way, but there are material all the way as expected.

Yes I can lift the pins surface to surface to get rid of the problem but I've seen this problem in other situations where it's harder to solve.

The "presliced" model shows the model correct (no subtractions).

Slicer auto repeaired about 2000 errors. Opening the object file in MadView3D show no errors.

Prusa slicer 2.0.0 alpha2 Linux. Object file is exported from Freecad.

Posted : 12/07/2020 11:17 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: Slicer, overlapping obects are subtracted

Its very likely to be an incorrect model.  The fact it had to auto repair 2000 errors shows you there are model issues.   If you are on a windows machine you can right click  on the model in slicer and fix through Netfabb.  If not you can always use the netfabb online website to fix models. 

Please attach at a minimum the model file or better yet, save your project from Prusa Slicer (Project Save As), this will save a .3mf file with the model and all your settings.  To attach to the forum you MUST zip the file(s) up or the forum wont accept them.

Until we can get this information we cant give any meaningful debugging info.

Posted : 12/07/2020 1:08 pm
inf-17
(@inf-17)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Slicer, overlapping obects are subtracted

Sorry to bother you, the problem was cured by restarting the slicer

Posted : 12/07/2020 5:33 pm
Share: