Notifications
Clear all

Prusa Slicer 2.1.0+win64 Detecting 'empty layers' on previously printed model  

RSS
Frank
(@frank-8)
Estimable Member
Prusa Slicer 2.1.0+win64 Detecting 'empty layers' on previously printed model

Just updated from PS2.0 to PS2.1.  Now a model that I've been printing successfully won't print.  An error dialog pops up saying 'Empty layers detected, the output would not be printable'.  This is a simple rectangular plate with a cutout in the middle for the version number (STL & 'repaired' OBJ attached).  I tried 'repairing' the model with File->Repair STL file, but no luck.  PS produced an OBJ file, but it too generated the same error. I also tried different orientations - same result.

I just got through printing this model using PS 2.0, with no problems, so I'm not sure what is going on.  Is this a newly-introduced 'feature' in PS2.1?  If so, how do I go about downgrading back to 2.0 so I can get some printing done?

I'm not sure the files got attached.  I can't seem to see them anywhere, and they aren't shown in the preview.  I can 'choose a file', but there's no indication that they are actually attached to the post. Grrrr.

So, I submitted the post to the forum, and *after* it was uploaded, I got an error message saying 'file type not allowed'!  How can an STL and/or OBJ file not be allowed in a post dealing with a 3D printer?

TIA,

Frank

Posted : 19/09/2019 11:03 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: Prusa Slicer 2.1.0+win64 Detecting 'empty layers' on previously printed model

Except for image types, files need to be zipped. 

Posted : 19/09/2019 11:14 pm
Frank
(@frank-8)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Prusa Slicer 2.1.0+win64 Detecting 'empty layers' on previously printed model

Ah, OK.  Here is the zip file

Attachment removed
Posted : 20/09/2019 12:45 am
Dave Avery
(@dave-avery)
Honorable Member

the studs are floating

This post was modified 5 years ago by Dave Avery
Posted : 20/09/2019 1:07 am
Frank
(@frank-8)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

@david-a66

Aha, and thanks!  Then the miracle is that the model printed in the first place 😉

I fixed the design in Tinkercad, and it is now printing happily

Frank

Posted : 20/09/2019 1:36 am
Share: