Prints pause themselves. When resumed, head moves, but nothing comes out.

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
Cranberryhiker
(@cranberryhiker)
Eminent Member

I have an Mk3S and am running Octoprint, v 1.5.2. The last few prints I've done have proceeded for a while, but at some Z-level, (the last one was about 5 mm, the one before, considerably more) the printer pauses itself.

When I resume the print, the bed temperature is at 60C, but the nozzle heater is off, the head cooling fan is off, nothing is extruding, and the head is maybe 10 mm above the print itself, *BUT IT IS MOVING AS THOUGH IT IS PRINTING THE NEXT LAYER.*

The print looks extremely clean up to the pause, so I don't think it's anything like a clog or a jam.

What is going on?  Does anyone have a clue? Is there a log file somewhere that might tell me?

Posted : 15/12/2020 12:59 pm
MrBeta
(@mrbeta)
RE: Prints pause themselves. When resumed, head moves, but nothing comes out.

Watch the fails stats menu for filament runouts (maybe try disabling the filament sensor)

Posted : 15/12/2020 9:59 pm
dimprov
(@dimprov)
Noble Member
RE: Prints pause themselves. When resumed, head moves, but nothing comes out.
Posted by: @cranberryhiker

I have an Mk3S and am running Octoprint, v 1.5.2. The last few prints I've done have proceeded for a while, but at some Z-level, (the last one was about 5 mm, the one before, considerably more) the printer pauses itself.

When I resume the print, the bed temperature is at 60C, but the nozzle heater is off, the head cooling fan is off, nothing is extruding, and the head is maybe 10 mm above the print itself, *BUT IT IS MOVING AS THOUGH IT IS PRINTING THE NEXT LAYER.*

The print looks extremely clean up to the pause, so I don't think it's anything like a clog or a jam.

What is going on?  Does anyone have a clue? Is there a log file somewhere that might tell me?

Are you perhaps running obsolete firmware?  If so, upgrade to the current version.  If not, it wouldn't hurt to re-burn the current firmware in case it somehow got corrupted.

Alternatively, maybe you have a loose wire or a short somewhere?

This post was modified 3 years ago by dimprov
Posted : 16/12/2020 8:51 pm
Share: