Printer stops mid print  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: Printer stops mid print

There are known defects in 3.8.x that cause odd positional problems while printing.  They probably can also affect printer state.  These defects are often avoided by simply disabling the filament sensor. 

Posted : 22/11/2019 8:49 pm
featherz
(@featherz)
Eminent Member

@tim-m30

I'll try that.. Not even sure the filament sensor is useful when using octoprint, so will disable it and see if I can get through this print.. Just in case, not starting it until tomorrow - don't want it burning a hole in the print when not watching it. 🙂 

Posted : 22/11/2019 8:52 pm
Sneaks
(@sneaks)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @

Those reported tension numbers are meaningless.  If you try to achieve that magical 240 you will bend metal.  What the numbers indicate is motor power required to move the axis.  Lower numbers show increased average currents. Higher numbers are better and indicate smooth and free moving axes. 300 is a goal to shoot for, 280 or higher is pretty good. Lower than 260 is a problem and leads to crashes.

Here's how to test tension:

Belt Tension Calculations

Thank you so much for this information.  My printer has been stopping mid-print for weeks and I was baffled, your posts helped me get it back up and running.  

Posted : 26/06/2021 2:00 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: