Notifications
Clear all

Print line over last printed part  

RSS
Scouter456
(@scouter456)
Print line over last printed part

Hello,

I keep noticing that after my print is done the printhead even with Avoid printed parts when traveling keeps going through the print to get to the position instead of going up and then going to the last position. 

My question is: is there a setting in Cura which will cause the code to have the printer go up after the print is done or does it have to be added manually.

In the picture you can see the line at the print in the back.

Posted : 13/11/2019 4:49 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Print line over last printed part
Posted by: @markveenstra14

Hello,

I keep noticing that after my print is done the printhead even with Avoid printed parts when traveling keeps going through the print to get to the position instead of going up and then going to the last position. 

My question is: is there a setting in Cura which will cause the code to have the printer go up after the print is done or does it have to be added manually.

In the picture you can see the line at the print in the back.

Z-hop/lift is the setting needed to lift the nozzle before moves on the XY plane. The idea is to lift it high enough to avoid ooze. But first be sure to calibrate your actual filament diameter and extrusion multiplier to avoid as much ooze as possible in the 1st place.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 13/11/2019 7:21 pm
Scouter456
(@scouter456)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Print line over last printed part

Yeah, thanks.

After trying to change extrusion multiplier I saw my profile had been reset which is probably the cause.

Posted : 13/11/2019 10:03 pm
Share: