Notifications
Clear all

Nozzle replacement issue  

RSS
dave.95graham
(@dave-95graham)
Nozzle replacement issue

Hi all, I went to replace my nozzles with new brass nozzles for printing/steel nozzle for high speed printing and when i went to remove the nozzle, it was screwed in so tight i physically couldn't move it. I had heated up the nozzle to around 220C and turned the heat block slightly (as recommended in a few tutorial videos i watched). I haven't previously changed the nozzle and i have not tightened it either, so i was hoping someone may have a suggestion for loosening the nozzle (there is pretty much no gap between the nozzle and the heat block).

TIA

Posted : 16/04/2020 2:28 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Nozzle replacement issue
Posted by: @dave-95graham

Hi all, I went to replace my nozzles with new brass nozzles for printing/steel nozzle for high speed printing and when i went to remove the nozzle, it was screwed in so tight i physically couldn't move it. I had heated up the nozzle to around 220C and turned the heat block slightly (as recommended in a few tutorial videos i watched). I haven't previously changed the nozzle and i have not tightened it either, so i was hoping someone may have a suggestion for loosening the nozzle (there is pretty much no gap between the nozzle and the heat block).

TIA

Hello, welcome to the Prusaforum.
You can try to heat the nozzle to 280 degrees C. To remove you need a 16 mm wrench and 7 mm socket wrench. With the 16 mm wrench you fix the heating block. If there is no other way, you have to remove the hotend. A gap between the bloch and the nozzle is very important:

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 16/04/2020 3:01 pm
Share: