Notifications
Clear all

MMU Load Fail Error  

RSS
matthew.r18
(@matthew-r18)
MMU Load Fail Error

I am having an "mmu loading failed" error. The filament does not get loaded passed the MMU to the ptfe tube. The sensors all appear to be working. It just won't wind/feed the filament into t the tube and into the extruder. It whirs like it might then just nothing. Reflashed MMU firmware but no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Matthew

Posted : 11/10/2019 2:07 pm
matthew.r18
(@matthew-r18)
Topic starter answered:
RE: MMU Load Fail Error

I also wanted to note that it won't load to nozzle either. Any help is appreciated!

Posted : 11/10/2019 2:50 pm
ACE
 ACE
(@ace-2)
Trusted Member

Until where does it feed the filament? Does it even enter the selector (the thingie with the finda probe in it)?

So we need to determine exactly how far the filament is fed and where it gets blocked. Have you removed the finda and inspected the selector if some debris is blocking the filament or the ball?

Posted : 13/10/2019 8:34 pm
whosnext
(@whosnext)

Same issue here... I have calibrated all filaments ok but when I want to calibrate the F1 filament it does not get through the Finda ?

There is no blockage and there is nothing stuck

Posted : 13/10/2019 9:39 pm
ACE
 ACE
(@ace-2)
Trusted Member

same question - where does it stop?

Posted : 13/10/2019 10:05 pm
whosnext
(@whosnext)

It does not do anything, so no action.

I have factory reset my prusa and now 2 times it says selftest error, false triggering, so stops with FINDA so probably my FINDA is broken!!!

Where can I get a new one !

Posted : 13/10/2019 11:04 pm
whosnext
(@whosnext)

I have requested a new FINDA with Prusa.

Posted : 14/10/2019 9:02 am
matthew.r18
(@matthew-r18)
Topic starter answered:

@christoph-e5

It doesn't make it passed the selector. The finda does not seem blocked. When I run a small piece of filament into it the sensor readings go from 0 to 1. There doesn't seem to be any blockage. I didn't open it up though. I can have a look.

Posted : 14/10/2019 9:29 am
ACE
 ACE
(@ace-2)
Trusted Member

Take a look inside. See if you can manually without much resistance pass filament through. If you cannot unscrew the festo coupler and see if filament passes easily then.

Posted : 14/10/2019 6:59 pm
GOATDIY
(@goatdiy)

@matthew-r18

Hey! Had the same problem from what I can tell. I was sure my sensors were ok, but I discovered (in the LCD menu - support - sensors) that as soon as the MMU tried loading filament the bondtech gears in the extruder started spinning. This spinning actually made the door wiggle a little back and forth so that the IR sensor was triggered and then the feeding stops. I ended up moving the tower all the way to the left (away from the door) and tighten it real good. Then I tightened the spring loaded screw holding the door way more than the manual says. About 3-4 threads outside the nut. After this it runs flawless (so far, crossing my fingers). Ive seen no trouble feeding the filament to the extruder although the screw is tighter than recommended. 

Good luck 🙂

Posted : 06/01/2020 9:06 pm
Share: