Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] MK3S Extruder/X-Axis Clicking Sound  

RSS
B3D_Printing
(@b3d_printing)
MK3S Extruder/X-Axis Clicking Sound

Hi, I have recently assembled my first Mk3s. Already used up one spool of filament printing the files provided, all went ok with great results. Now I have noticed a concerning clicking sound coming from either the extruder or the x-axis. I have linked a short video below, any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Video:

Best Answer by B3D_Printing:

Solved 11/07/2020

After looking through the forums, I picked up a couple of ideas. First, I found the x-axis pully loose. Tightened it back up but had little effect on the clicking sound. The solution to my problem was the x-carriage-back assembly. After starting to strip the extruder, I noticed the noise was eliminated once the back assembly was removed. It looks like the four m3x10 screws were a little too tight. I backed them off, and now the mk3s is back to printing without the horrible clicking.

Posted : 06/07/2020 6:05 pm
B3D_Printing
(@b3d_printing)
Topic starter answered:
RE: MK3S Extruder/X-Axis Clicking Sound

Solved 11/07/2020

After looking through the forums, I picked up a couple of ideas. First, I found the x-axis pully loose. Tightened it back up but had little effect on the clicking sound. The solution to my problem was the x-carriage-back assembly. After starting to strip the extruder, I noticed the noise was eliminated once the back assembly was removed. It looks like the four m3x10 screws were a little too tight. I backed them off, and now the mk3s is back to printing without the horrible clicking.

Posted : 11/07/2020 4:34 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: MK3S Extruder/X-Axis Clicking Sound

Excellent News. 

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 11/07/2020 6:57 pm
Share: