Notifications
Clear all

Melted cable at Einsy end  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
mohammed.hossain
(@mohammed-hossain)
RE: Melted cable at Einsy end

Does anyone here know the size of the screw terminal?

I have had the same issue as Neil. My other wires needing to be locked with screw terminal are fine except for the bed heater. I am 99.9 % sure I tightened the screw terminal but I wouldn't be in this situation if I had been 100% sure.

Additionally, I am replacing both positive and negative with longer cables. My MK3S came with around 16" and I believe it's not long enough.

I would also recommend everyone to check Prusa "quality crimps" as they not have been "crimped properly". Not blaming their crimping capability but 100% perfect crimping at all times isn't just possible.

This image attached is the crimping from the negative terminal. I am no crimping expert but I am sure, I am not supposed to see copper strands

Posted : 15/02/2020 1:47 am
rmm200
(@rmm200)
Noble Member
RE: Melted cable at Einsy end

I will say you are the first person to post in this topic in almost two years, so it can't be that common.

I do really like the suggestion of touching the heat bed terminals after running for an hour or so every few months.

If they are hot enough to burn you - you have a resistance issue developing. And a blister.

Posted : 15/02/2020 4:42 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: