Notifications
Clear all

M115 firmware update notice requires physical presence  

RSS
Edward B
(@edward-b-2)
M115 firmware update notice requires physical presence

The last few firmware updates have been irritating in that they cause my printer (MK3S with OctoPrint) to beep and display a notice on the LCD and require that I go push the button to acknowledge before it starts the print. This continues until I am able to find time to perform a firmware update, and I can find no way to disable it. Of course, until I am made aware of the update to know I need to push the button, I am surprised to go down to pick up my 6 hour print job to find it hasn't even started printing yet because of that.

I recently discovered it is the prusaslicer adding that to the gcode as, for example:
M115 U3.8.1 ; tell printer latest fw version

With that, I found this old github issue about this exact problem, that sounds like it was fixed years ago.
https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/issues/67

Any thoughts on it? Any bypass for the firmware version acknowledgement requirement so the print job will actually print? I don't mind the notice being on screen, but I do mind it not printing because of that.

Posted : 13/01/2020 6:19 pm
Lichtjaeger
(@lichtjaeger)
Noble Member
RE: M115 firmware update notice requires physical presence

You can disable the firmware checks. On your printer select "SettingsHW setupChecksFirmware" and set it to "none".

Posted : 13/01/2020 7:02 pm
Edward B
(@edward-b-2)
Topic starter answered:
RE: M115 firmware update notice requires physical presence

Wow! How did I miss that digging through the menus? Thanks!

While I do appreciate the notice of a new firmware update, I just don't appreciate it locking the printer up until I notice and push the button to acknowledge.

Posted : 13/01/2020 7:29 pm
Share: