I accidentally broke the wire on my heater cartridge while swapping a nozzle. I have acquired a replacement but I am not sure how replace it. Are there some step by step instructions similar to the assembly guide or am I on my own?

Notifications
Clear all

I accidentally broke the wire on my heater cartridge while swapping a nozzle. I have acquired a replacement but I am not sure how replace it. Are there some step by step instructions similar to the assembly guide or am I on my own?  

RSS
penguinmaster1
(@penguinmaster1)

Basically the title, I disassembled the wire wrap and unplugged the cartridge but then I realized I don't know how to unplug the cartridge from the print head itself. Any help would be most appreciated. 

Best Answer by --:

You've probably figured this out by now, but there's a screw holding the heater cartridge into the heater block.  It's as simple as loosening that screw and sliding the cartridge out the side. Put the new cartridge in, tighten the screw.

Posted : 11/07/2019 5:17 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: I accidentally broke the wire on my heater cartridge while swapping a nozzle. I have acquired a replacement but I am not sure how replace it. Are there some step by step instructions similar to the assembly guide or am I on my own?

You've probably figured this out by now, but there's a screw holding the heater cartridge into the heater block.  It's as simple as loosening that screw and sliding the cartridge out the side. Put the new cartridge in, tighten the screw.

Posted : 14/07/2019 9:29 pm
penguinmaster1
(@penguinmaster1)
Topic starter answered:
RE: I accidentally broke the wire on my heater cartridge while swapping a nozzle. I have acquired a replacement but I am not sure how replace it. Are there some step by step instructions similar to the assembly guide or am I on my own?

I had not figured this out, thank you. 

Posted : 16/07/2019 1:21 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

Here's a clip of the heater clamp & screw arrangement - sans heater, nozzle and thermistor.   Thermistor is held in with the set screw. 

Posted : 16/07/2019 5:05 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Are you ABSOLUTELY Sure that the heater is a 24 volt heater.

the 12 volt heater looks the same, but will try to draw 4 times the normal power from your powersupply

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 16/07/2019 5:44 pm
Share: