Notifications
Clear all

Getting an M112 Error and not sure why.  

RSS
MegardStudio
(@megardstudio)
Eminent Member
Getting an M112 Error and not sure why.

So this started after updating my MK3 to MK3s and also updating the firmware to the most recent version. I have 3 printers. A new one that hasnt had this problem but came from Prusa as an MK3s. My oldest one that came as an MK3 and is about 2 years old and has so far only don't this once. And my middle printer that is a nightmare and always has problems. It came as an MK3 and recently upgraded but sometimes it will print fine for a few days then M112, M112 ok print, M112 Ok print, M112 rather random. 

Ive checked for bad connections and nothing, I checked for worn wires like the cooling fan and thermister on the bed and can't find anything wrong. I checked all the plugs on the board, nothing. I then added a silicone sock to the heat block and that fixed it for a few days then back to M112.

Below is the Gcode from the most recent crash. Can someone look at it and maybe clue me in on whats going on. Thanks 

Recv: ok
Send: N13 G28 W*86
Recv: tmc2130_home_enter(axes_mask=0x01)
Recv: Error:0
Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Error: 0"
Send: M112
Send: N14 M112*20
Send: N15 M104 T0 S0*21
Send: N16 M140 S0*82
Changing monitoring state from "Error: 0" to "Offline (Error: 0)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Posted : 19/07/2020 10:08 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Getting an M112 Error and not sure why.

I don't have any specific recommendations, but you might want to check out this thread by @charles-h13 for someone with a similar issue.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 20/07/2020 4:09 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @danielrmegard

So this started after updating my MK3 to MK3s and also updating the firmware to the most recent version. I have 3 printers. A new one that hasnt had this problem but came from Prusa as an MK3s. My oldest one that came as an MK3 and is about 2 years old and has so far only don't this once. And my middle printer that is a nightmare and always has problems. It came as an MK3 and recently upgraded but sometimes it will print fine for a few days then M112, M112 ok print, M112 Ok print, M112 rather random. 

Ive checked for bad connections and nothing, I checked for worn wires like the cooling fan and thermister on the bed and can't find anything wrong. I checked all the plugs on the board, nothing. I then added a silicone sock to the heat block and that fixed it for a few days then back to M112.

Below is the Gcode from the most recent crash. Can someone look at it and maybe clue me in on whats going on. Thanks 

Recv: ok
Send: N13 G28 W*86
Recv: tmc2130_home_enter(axes_mask=0x01)
Recv: Error:0
Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Error: 0"
Send: M112
Send: N14 M112*20
Send: N15 M104 T0 S0*21
Send: N16 M140 S0*82
Changing monitoring state from "Error: 0" to "Offline (Error: 0)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Just a guess: try sending command G28 to the printer without parameters (W, X, Y ....) and changing it in the slicer in the start code section.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 20/07/2020 6:08 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

I have this very issue.  I did everything and it just kept happening.  I replace both thermistors.  No change.  

Solutions: Factory reset.  It stopped happening.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 20/07/2020 9:15 am
MadeWhatNow
(@madewhatnow)

I'm seeing the same problem on my MK3s. Plenty of prints without problems, and now 2 consecutive ones (different files) that threw the error. Factory reset didn't do much, I keep getting 'mintemp bed fixed' messages during calibration.

Posted : 31/08/2020 6:47 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @wolfgang-s12

I'm seeing the same problem on my MK3s. Plenty of prints without problems, and now 2 consecutive ones (different files) that threw the error. Factory reset didn't do much, I keep getting 'mintemp bed fixed' messages during calibration.

Did you see the other thread on this topic? There's an issue on github indicating that Octoprint may tie into some issues. Worth a check if you're using Octoprint. MINTEMP may be something else though.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 31/08/2020 2:46 pm
MegardStudio
(@megardstudio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Mine turned out to be the thermister crapping out. It would work up to about 180c then get stuck and not register any temp over that so the printer errored out.

Of the three MK3S printers I run daily my biggest issue is thermisters and sagging hot end fan shrouds. I'm getting good at swapping out the thermisters and I fixed the saggy fan shrouds with socks and Stainless Steel printed ones from Shapeways. 

Posted : 31/08/2020 5:59 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@danielrmegard

That migth have been my issue also.  It has only happened once since replacing my thermistor and heater.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 31/08/2020 6:21 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@danielrmegard

On my MK3 the fanshroud made of PETG and ABS is also melted on. Since I printed this one out of CarbonPEEK, there are no more problems in this aspect.

MK3 BMG fanshroud.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 31/08/2020 7:16 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@karl-herbert

I am going to have to try to print with that stuff.  I am havind good success with PC blend.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 31/08/2020 7:19 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@charles-h13

But you will have to "sacrifice" one of your printers and upgrade it to 360 degrees C. nozzle temperature and 140 degrees C. bed temperature. Otherwise it will be difficult to print the material.

Printed on a textured PEI sheet with capton:

Posted : 31/08/2020 7:39 pm
jurassic73
(@jurassic73)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @danielrmegard

Mine turned out to be the thermister crapping out. It would work up to about 180c then get stuck and not register any temp over that so the printer errored out.

Of the three MK3S printers I run daily my biggest issue is thermisters and sagging hot end fan shrouds. I'm getting good at swapping out the thermisters and I fixed the saggy fan shrouds with socks and Stainless Steel printed ones from Shapeways. 

How often do you swap out thermistors?

MK3s / My IKEA Lack enclosure

Posted : 06/10/2020 7:10 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

It started happening again with ABS and 3.93.  I am going to try a factory reset and downgrade back 3.92.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/01/2021 2:59 am
GaetanLE
(@gaetanle)

Same for me since yesterday - M112 even without Octoprint while printing ABS+ always exactly at the same position...

Posted : 16/03/2021 7:39 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@gaetanle

I have never figured it out.  It comes and goes.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 16/03/2021 7:51 pm
ssackett
(@ssackett)

I had the same problem using firmware 3.92 and Octoprint while printing ABS.  I fixed it by unplugging the USB cable from the printer and printing directly from the SD card.  It may be a bit premature to declare victory but the print has advanced past the failure point and looks good so far.

Aside from an interaction between Octoprint and Marlin one thought I had is that the high temperatures used to print ABS might be too close to the margins of the bounds for runaway heat detection.  If the problem comes back I will lower the temperatures a bit to test this hypothesis.

Posted : 01/04/2021 3:50 pm
Share: