Notifications
Clear all

Firmware update  

RSS
vcrow2
(@vcrow2)
Firmware update

Hello, I have a PRUSA I3 MK3. By mistake I have loaded the firmware of the MK3S model into an MK3. I have tried to fix it by loading the MK3 firmware again but it tells me that I have loaded MK3 firmware on an MK3S printer. It is as if the MK3S firmware has changed the printer type. Can it be reversed? Thanks.

Posted : 31/03/2020 7:35 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Firmware update
Posted by: @vcrow2

Hello, I have a PRUSA I3 MK3. By mistake I have loaded the firmware of the MK3S model into an MK3. I have tried to fix it by loading the MK3 firmware again but it tells me that I have loaded MK3 firmware on an MK3S printer. It is as if the MK3S firmware has changed the printer type. Can it be reversed? Thanks.

Do a full factory reset and try it again.

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/factory-reset_2216

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 31/03/2020 8:36 pm
vcrow2
(@vcrow2)
Topic starter answered:

Hello, thanks for the answer. I have tried it but it keeps giving the message. 🙁

Posted : 31/03/2020 9:57 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Estimable Member

Deleted all stored data? 

Posted : 02/04/2020 7:24 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@vcrow2

Prusa MK3 bootloader is "read-only" that means that even if you upload improper firmware or make any other mistake, there is always a way to make things right. The best practice when uploading or flashing simply does not work is to follow the steps for a Factory reset of all data.

Here the link to the newest MK3 Firmware: https://cdn.prusa3d.com/downloads/firmware/prusa3d_fw_3_8_1_MK3.zip

If this does not work i would contact the Prusachat.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 02/04/2020 7:51 pm
Share: