Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Filament jammed in tube above bondtech gears.  

RSS
wcfo25
(@wcfo25)
Filament jammed in tube above bondtech gears.

Hello, I'm using an Mk3 and the filament has gotten lodged in the entrance to the extruder. The piece is too short to pull it out from the top, and same for the bottom. As you can see, it doesn't even pass the bond tech gears. I tried pushing it down from the top with a small hex key but that didn't work. I think if I could remove the idler door completely then I could get access to a small area to grab onto the filament and try to wiggle it up from there (see 3rd image below). To take the door completely off, would I just have to undo the screw that sits behind the hinge? And if accessing that opening doesn't help then what should I do?

Jammed filament - top view top view

Jammed filament - bottom view bottom view

Jammed filament - middle view middle view

Posted : 19/07/2020 3:38 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Filament jammed in tube above bondtech gears.

This used to be a more common problem. On the original Mk3 design, you had to remove to top of the filament cover to remove it. Looking at your pictures, I'm not sure how you'd do it with a Mk3s. Does pulling the filament sensor board out give you a bit more room? Other than that, your top view seems to show a gap behind the extruder door. Can you reach in with a probe and pull it out that way?

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 19/07/2020 4:37 pm
wcfo25
(@wcfo25)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Is there a proper way to remove the filament sensor? I worried about damaging it.

Also does anyone know if its possible to take off the hinged door without dismantling the rest of the extruder?

Posted : 19/07/2020 7:29 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

I'd suggest reading the kit assembly guide for the Mk3s and looking through it. It will show you how to assemble and disassemble everything with plenty of detail.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 19/07/2020 8:26 pm
Share: