Notifications
Clear all

Edit MK3s Firmware to use different thermistor port  

RSS
giganto53
(@giganto53)
Edit MK3s Firmware to use different thermistor port

Howdy, 

There is a middle Thermistor port on the Einsy board for an Ambient thermistor. I want to use that port for the Heat Bed Thermistor. I need to know what to edit in the firmware to make that change. 

Story Time:

My printer was working fine for the first 2 prints after assembly but then it started getting caught on the Y-axix. Apparently, I left too much slack in my Heat Bed Thermistor cable during assembly and it got caught on the frame and exposed the wires. Without me knowing this I ran another selftest and the exposed wires contacted the frame and I had some sparks. I checked the Einsy board and the original Heat Bed Thermistor port is fried.  I'm working with Prusa Support to get the issue resolved. But in the mean time, I want to keep printing. I'm 90% sure the cable is still good as it didnt cut the wire and I have wrapped it in electrical tape. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thank you

Posted : 29/07/2020 12:07 am
giganto53
(@giganto53)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Edit MK3s Firmware to use different thermistor port

I got it working! In the firmware there are pin outs for each board. I found the HEAT BED TEMP. It was set to 2 because the port is T2. I changed it to 1 and that fixed it. I also had to follow other instructions online to build the firmware but it’s working so far. 

Posted : 29/07/2020 1:31 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Edit MK3s Firmware to use different thermistor port

@giganto53

An interesting and valuable information. Thanks for the feedback! Is the port number the only thing you changed?

thanks!

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 29/07/2020 1:51 pm
Share: