Notifications
Clear all

Can't recover from power failure when paused  

RSS
Tom Haynes
(@tom-haynes)
Can't recover from power failure when paused

10 hours in to a 15 hour print I was notified that the power to my building needed to be turned off. The printer is on a UPS but I decided to pause the print to maximize the runtime. 5 seconds before the power was restored the UPS ran out of battery and shutdown. The printer lost power. When the power came back there was no option to recover. Is power panic expected to work when a print is paused?

Posted : 29/06/2020 2:23 am
Sharkys
(@sharkys)
RE: Can't recover from power failure when paused

I didn't get  power panic confirmation neither on my MK3S - I was just setting up Zig-bee power socket and during print it cut off electricity for aprox. 1sec and the print was gone... so did you try to test it simply during regular print if it even works ?

Posted : 29/06/2020 10:01 am
Tom Haynes
(@tom-haynes)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Can't recover from power failure when paused

I tested power panic by pulling the power cable during a print. The head picked up and moved to the side of the platform before powering down. When power was restored the print recovered without any intervention. The only flaw was that some filament oozed out of the nozzle while the power was off and no attempt was made to re-prime the nozzle before printing resumed. This left a short section where no filament was extruded.

In the original failed print, the power failure was detected but no recovery was attempted by the printer. 

Posted : 30/06/2020 12:11 am
Share: