Can I disable the automatic filament change routine? I want to manually unload and reload through Repetier Host.

Notifications
Clear all

Can I disable the automatic filament change routine? I want to manually unload and reload through Repetier Host.  

RSS
Technoid
(@technoid)

Whenever I switch filaments, I usually do it manually in Repetier Host: jog the extruder -100mm, remove the old filament, load the new filament, and then jog the extruder +70mm or so. However, every time I remove the filament, some kind of automatic filament change routine kicks in: the print head moves to X=250, and the LCD starts walking me through how to unload and reload filament. Can this be disabled? It's very annoying, and I'd say it's a case of the printer being "too smart". 

Posted : 23/02/2020 1:06 am
RH_Dreambox
(@rh_dreambox)
Prominent Member
RE: Can I disable the automatic filament change routine? I want to manually unload and reload through Repetier Host.

Yes the printer is very smart, so why do it manually your way?
If you are smart yourself, change filaments using the printer's feature for this.
You can use the menu "Unload filament" or "Tune / Change filament" and the printer handles the output and input of the filament respectively.

I only use "Unload filaments" when I want to change filaments.
After all, if you want to do your own thing, you can turn off the filament autoload under the menu "Settings / F. autoload Off".

Bear MK3 with Bondtech extruder

Posted : 24/02/2020 9:47 am
cordilon
(@cordilon)
Eminent Member
RE: Can I disable the automatic filament change routine? I want to manually unload and reload through Repetier Host.
Posted by: @rhdreambox
After all, if you want to do your own thing, you can turn off the filament autoload under the menu "Settings / F. autoload Off".
I think the autoload procedure only refers to the sensor detecting inserted filament and then pushing it into the extruder without any user input. When deactivated the weird and annoying filament change procedure still exists.
As alex-f8 I was wondering if you could disable or change it because it just doesn't behave the way I want...
  • unload filament - ok obviously
  • load new filament - yup
  • extrude more until color is correct - very useful
  • after that extrude a couple of mm more?! - for what?
  • travel back to the print - much too slowly!
  • ooze all the way and potentially drop that little piece of filament - WTF?!

because of that the filament change always leaves an unnecessary gap in vase mode.

Posted : 18/05/2020 6:21 pm
Share: