aluminium tape heatbed
my thermistor on the heatbed broke down, gives me a temp-reading but incorrect: 6°C in stead of 20° so about 14° off.
Checked cable, reset, calibration, ... gave no solution, so ordered a new one.
I am now disassembling the old thermistor, no pain there ... untill removing the original aluminium tape. This is a difficult task, the aluminium chips and the used glue-layer is strong.
Does anyone know some tricks for removing this aluminium tape more easely?
I searched through the forum but found no data on this.
Can't remember any particular issue with pulling off the tapes, some months back. I just did the RTFM routine and pulled.
allright ... I did remove it.
I used a very sharp knife and gently (oh so gently to not damage the heatbed or the protecting paint!!!) rubbed with the tip under the border of the tape, thus "delaminating" 1mm at a time.
the having loosened some mm, I was able to grab the alu-tape and peel a big chunk off.
Still remaining with the issue of the glue, glue-residue on the underside of the heatbed.
good news. The glue-residue os not solvable with some alcohol ... but it did with Acetone .. which does not seem to solve/damage the paint.
Just few days ago I did the same replacement.
I was able to remove the aluminium tape using only my nail to raise a side and then pull it very gently.
It was attached firmly, but not too hardly. It came out in about 5-6 pieces.
Then there was some minor glue residue, that I cleaned well just with the pure IPA that I use also for print bed.
Consider that my printer has just 6 months, so maybe the my glue wasn't so old and "cooked" as for ludodg.