Clear all

Yellow PETG filament  

RSS
ssill2
(@ssill2)
Noble Member
Yellow PETG filament

Hey all.

Anyone know of a PETG yellow filament that's a close match in color for the Prusa pineapple yellow PLA?    I hate buying a spool to find out the PETG and PLA variants of the same color from a vendor are actually very different colors.   I've had this experience with Paramount3d filament with at least two different colors.

I'd love to have that pineapple yellow available for PETG prints so something close to that color would be great. The only yellow from prusa in PETG seems to be mango yellow and I have something like that from Duramic3d and it's not as nice and crisp as the pineapple color.

Thanks!

Posted : 20/04/2021 3:25 pm
Dan Rogers
(@dan-rogers)
Noble Member
RE: Yellow PETG filament

Cannot speak to Prusament Pineapple yellow - each roll of prusament costs me around $40 to my door, so I only buy them when I can get a free shipping deal (even then, their stuff is premium price - so I use it very sparingly).

Take a look at the translucent yellow - chartreuse on the RPI case above - I use this for all things fishing when I need a sparkly clear chartreuse.  It is NOT a match for anything other than itself - but if you are in the market - it's from 3Dsolutech

Posted : 20/04/2021 3:54 pm
ssill2
(@ssill2)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

@dan-rogers

Thanks Dan,

That's a very nice color.

In my case I have a specific print in mind.

Here's a version of it I did with Prusament PLA Royal Blue, Prusament PLA pineapple yellow and Parament3d PLA Enzo Red.

I'd like to do something similar in PETG.  I have the blue and red that I think will work, but I am lacking a good yellow.

Posted : 20/04/2021 3:58 pm
Dan Rogers
(@dan-rogers)
Noble Member

One thing you may want to try is layering to get colors.  For instance if you put a bright white layer under your yellow, and control the #'s of layers of yellow you lay down, you can choose how much of the white shines through.  I do this with decorative stuff - if I need brown bricks interspersed with reddish bricks  I will lay down all red, then some green on top of it to get brown bricks among the red bricks.

Posted : 20/04/2021 4:44 pm
Clarmrrsn liked
ssill2
(@ssill2)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

@dan-rogers

Oh that's a good idea!   thanks!   

Posted : 20/04/2021 5:11 pm
ssill2
(@ssill2)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

actually the Duramic3D yellow petg I have worked out pretty good.

I decided to give it a try.

So here it is with:

Prusa Ultramarine Blue PETG

Duramic3D Yellow PETG

Paramount3d Enzo Red PETG

Posted : 20/04/2021 7:54 pm
Clarmrrsn
(@clarmrrsn)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @dan-rogers

Cannot speak to Prusament Pineapple yellow - each roll of prusament costs me around $40 to my door, so I only buy them when I can get a free shipping deal (even then, their stuff is premium price - so I use it very sparingly).

Take a look at the translucent yellow - chartreuse on the RPI case above - I use this for all things fishing when I need a sparkly clear chartreuse.  It is NOT a match for anything other than itself - but if you are in the market - it's from 3Dsolutech

How often do Prusa do their free shipping deal?

Is this a regular thing I should wait for or a once a year event?

Tank you very much!

Posted : 21/04/2021 2:04 pm
ssill2
(@ssill2)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

I've bought about 10-12 spools from in the last year.  Since I bought my printers assembled from them they do give me a 10% discount on the price of the filament so with shipping it's probably a wash.

Posted : 25/04/2021 1:42 pm
ssill2
(@ssill2)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

So I did find this yellow and ordered a spool today.  I'm making something for my wife that needs a nice yellow and that should do nicely.

https://www.paramount-3d.com/product-page/petg-simpson-yellow-1-75mm-1kg-filament-yrl1018129g

Posted : 26/06/2021 5:16 pm
Share: