Woo Hoo, on my second print
It has been a struggle. Fedex dropped my kit off at a Dollar General and it disapeared for a week. With the help of Prusa, fedex leaned on dollar general and my kit was 'found'.
Biggest issue I had is I didn't get the belt pushed in far enough in the extruder assembly so I failed calibration on X due to belt tracking. Ran it once after I fixed that and it passed cal. Then I lashed up the wires and failed cal. Didn't orient cable tie properly so X traveled 1 mm or so short.
Once I got the nozzle low enough, I printed the whistle. First print ever, came out great. Working on my second print now.
I am so happy I didn't go cheap and buy something off of Amazon.
I was chatting to someone recently who bought a cheap clone and he said he's spent so much upgrading practically all the parts he could have bought the Prusa in the first place.
I actually have a clone. I have spent zero on replacement parts and it works fine. The one thing I might have mistakenly replaced was the heartbreak. I had two hotends on the table and I might have installed the wrong one. When I get back from holiday, I need to check and see if both hotends have an all-metal construction.
3D Printer Review Blog...