Notifications
Clear all

Where to buy spare parts in Australia?  

RSS
Baidevin
(@baidevin)
Where to buy spare parts in Australia?

Hi all,

I've been looking to buy a replacement set of the 3d printed x idler parts as mine unfortunately snapped when assembling my printer (the smooth rods were slightly too big for the hole and broke it). I've currently held them together with duct tape and its worked perfectly as the damage was minor and wasn't along the whole depth of the hole, but i've been putting it off for too long and the duct tape, while comical, has to go. 

Normally I would order straight from the manufacturer (Prusa) but the shipping costs would cost be over $40 for a $3.50 part, and searching the net has only given me some pretty suspect results. Does anyone know of any reliable source for these parts within Australia. Unfortunately I cannot print them myself as I don't have PETG and don't really want PLA on crucial parts of my printer. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

Posted : 27/10/2020 1:49 pm
muddymaker
(@muddymaker)
Trusted Member
RE: Where to buy spare parts in Australia?

Buy the PETG and print the parts yourself, don't be scared, its easier than you think and you'll have experience printing with multiple materials to your resume.

Posted : 28/10/2020 10:31 am
Baidevin
(@baidevin)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Where to buy spare parts in Australia?

@tony-s8

I suppose buying a roll of PETG is a better alternative to the $40 shipping haha. 

Considering I was planning on buying a roll regardless, I might as well use this as an excuse to take the plunge. 

At the risk of asking a potentially frequently asked question, does anyone have any experience with eSUN PETG? https://www.cubictech.com.au/collections/petg-filament/products/petg-filament-1-75mm

I've been using their PLA since I owned my very first printer (A cheap tevo tarantula I had basically rebuilt a few times. A fantastic learning experience) and have had excellent results, but have never tried their PETG. 

I also know this has probably been asked a dozen times before, but what advice would you give to someone who is printing PETG for the first time? I want to get this right the first time as my old pieces will definitely break when I remove the rods and replace them. 

Thanks for the reply, I guess I was just waiting for someone to give me a push to take the plunge haha. 

Posted : 28/10/2020 10:51 am
Share: