Notifications
Clear all

Problem with filament sensor  

RSS
InspGadgt
(@inspgadgt)
Problem with filament sensor

Recently I upgraded both of my i3 MK3s printers to the latest firmware Bondtech has available...Since the upgrade 1 of my printers has been having a strange problem with the filament sensor and I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this.  The filament sensor works fine to load the filament.  Once the print starts it gets through approximately 1 layer then the extruder moves to the front right corner of the bed and prompts to push the button to unload the filament.  I unload and reload the filament and resume the print.  It works for approximately 1 more layer then it happens again, and again, and again.  I end up having to pause the print to turn off the filament sensor then resume the print and it finishes out fine.  But if it runs out of filament my print is screwed.  This printer was upgraded from a MK3 and I purchased a new filament sensor when I upgraded it to the Bondtech/Mosquito Magnum hot end.  I purchased this sensor kit on Amazaon...it says Prusa on it but I'm starting to think it may be a knock off and could be why I have issues with this firmware version:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PYQWGK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Posted : 26/01/2021 5:32 am
InspGadgt
(@inspgadgt)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Problem with filament sensor

No one?  Hmmm

Posted : 28/01/2021 9:12 pm
Share: