Notifications
Clear all

New to 3D with MK3S+ Kit SuperPinda - Endstops Wiring Error Z  

RSS
notmanr
(@notmanr)
New to 3D with MK3S+ Kit SuperPinda - Endstops Wiring Error Z

My regular hobby is working on a WW2 jeep that I have had for a very long time.  Fiddly parts in the jeep, I am used to. So fiddly parts in the printer Kit was a challenge.  It was actually fun to put together except maybe for those nuts.   Well, I got it all together and powered it up.  No smoke!  So that was a good sign.  Next, I ran the initial test and both fans worked but the  Endstops Wiring Error Z error.  So the guide says to check the wiring.  Plugged in the correct spot.  Unplugged and plugged in--firmly seated.  I went back to the LCD screen and moved to the XYZ selections.   X and Y seemed to work.  But Z was well off the heated plate and it says it is at 0.0.    Suspect that my SuperPinda is either defective or I damaged it somehow during assembly.  As luck would have it, this item is out of stock.  I'm guessing I have a useless boat anchor until the SuperPinda is back in stock and one is on its way to me?

Posted : 01/02/2021 11:31 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: New to 3D with MK3S+ Kit SuperPinda - Endstops Wiring Error Z

Have you tried raising your pinda?  You will also need to set your live Z during calibration.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 01/02/2021 11:55 am
notmanr
(@notmanr)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for the reply.  Sure I can try that but it will move it out of tolerance with the line to the hotbed.  Using the zip tie as a gauge I set the pinda.  How high should I raise it?  I raised it up a few threads and repeated the test with the same results, just now.  The Z travel goes up a bit but then the error message.

Posted : 01/02/2021 12:08 pm
Robin
(@robin)
Prominent Member

Can you trigger the PINDA (check LED or menu->support->sensors) by placing some metal (e.g. steel sheet) below it?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posted : 01/02/2021 12:24 pm
notmanr
(@notmanr)
Topic starter answered:

Hi Robin, I have the SuperPinda and I don't see an LED.  On the LCD there menu/support/sensors the PINDA indicates 1, and placing metal under the pinda makes no change.

Posted : 01/02/2021 12:51 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Notmanr, 

No LED and  permanently displaying 1 on the display, suggests a problem with the Super Pinda, 

Have you tried chatting directly with Prusa Support? 

I use this page 
https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/
but the chat window takes about 5 seconds to become visible after the page loads

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 01/02/2021 1:08 pm
notmanr
(@notmanr)
Topic starter answered:

I haven't found a link to support till you posted that.  Thanks!

Posted : 01/02/2021 1:24 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@notmanr

You have a defective Pinda.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 01/02/2021 1:43 pm
notmanr
(@notmanr)
Topic starter answered:

Yes, that is what I'm thinking as well.  And out of stock on the website.  🙁  I'm working with support via chat now.  Thank you for your help.

Posted : 01/02/2021 2:08 pm
notmanr
(@notmanr)
Topic starter answered:

@joantabb

Hah!  Turns out that the site doesn't like my Chrome.  I must have popups blocked. Moved to Edge and now I'm chatting with support.  Thank you for your help.

Posted : 01/02/2021 2:09 pm
notmanr
(@notmanr)
Topic starter answered:

@cwbullet

Well, after working with Prusa support they have decided that my Rambo needs to be replaced.  This is because power on or off the PINDA shows "1".   So I've removed the board and awaiting shipping instructions to return the board.  The good news is that they have plenty of Rambo boards and SuperPinda is out of stuck.

Posted : 01/02/2021 3:11 pm
Share: