MMU2 on sale $299  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Chris
(@chris-16)
Reputable Member
MMU2 on sale $299

$299 starts shipping in June. ordered mine today

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/printer-upgrades/183-original-prusa-i3-mk3-multi-material-upgrade-kit.html

Original Prusa i3 MK3 Multi Material 2.0 upgrade kit
Reference: MMU-MK3-ORG

Condition: New product

Original Prusa i3 MK3 Multi Material 2.0 is the unique consumer option to print with up to 5 different materials simultaneously. This enhanced version is much simpler than original MMU which makes it easier to use and less sensitive to the quality of filament.

IMPORTANT: If you already ordered Multi Material upgrade for Original Prusa i3 MK3, your order is still placed and you don't need to do anything. Additionally, we will send you a $50 discount voucher to our e-shop to compensate the price drop. Check your e-mail in upcoming days.

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ORDER TOGETHER WITH MK3, IT WILL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER LATER. We suggest making separate orders.

WHAT'S NEW IN MMU 2.0?
Original Prusa i3 MK3 Multi Material 2.0 is the unique consumer option to print with up to 5 different materials simultaneously. This new enhanced version is much simpler than original MMU which makes it easier to use and less sensitive to the quality of filament.

MMU 2.0 comes with multiple innovations. It's not a bowden anymore, but a hybrid system with actual extruder motor directly at the X-carriage. We've removed Y splitter from the previous MMU version where many people experienced jams.

And there are also some new features. The filament cutter makes the filament change more reliable. MMU 2.0 has also dedicated electronics and optional manual controls on a top of the module.

The whole construction is much simpler and it can be quickly mounted and dismounted from the printer if you want to use the MMU just occasionally.

Posted : 12/04/2018 8:31 pm
Kwaad2
(@kwaad2)
Honorable Member
Re: MMU2 on sale $299

... I could really use having 300$ right now.

Donations anyone I help a lot of people on here? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi, I'm Sean. I used to work on CNC machines.
I try to not make mistakes, but the decision is YOURS.
Please feel free to donate to my filament/maintance fund.

Posted : 12/04/2018 10:46 pm
dryja123
(@dryja123)
Honorable Member

Couldn't resist, I instantly bought it. Looking forward to the Prusa delay rollercoaster.

Posted : 12/04/2018 11:35 pm
brad.h10
(@brad-h10)

Have they even shown one working yet? Maybe a tad pre-order happy.

Posted : 12/04/2018 11:39 pm
stephen.h14
(@stephen-h14)
Estimable Member

Have they even shown one working yet? Maybe a tad pre-order happy.

Hey, as I recall, the mk3 early preorder customers got a tee shirt. Gotta risk it for the biscuit!

Posted : 12/04/2018 11:50 pm
Kwaad2
(@kwaad2)
Honorable Member

Wait to order this for another 2 months, and your gonna be lucky to get it in January.

MK3 ordered together with MK3 redesigned Multi Material upgrades start shipping in May 2018, majority in June and July, new MMU for MK3 orders in August 2018

So there's a 1 month delay on start shipping...
So If you order today, it will ship in september... Give it about 2-3 weeks, and it's gonna be January.

Posted : 12/04/2018 11:57 pm
Olef
 Olef
(@olef)
Prominent Member

Oh for pity's sake! Here i go again on the Prusa pre-order adventure. And I haven't even seen a video of one working yet!

I'm trusting you once more Josef... 🙂

Order placed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted : 13/04/2018 12:13 am
dryja123
(@dryja123)
Honorable Member

Minute 2:40 answers the questions on how it works.

Posted : 13/04/2018 12:50 am
Kwaad2
(@kwaad2)
Honorable Member

Minute 2:40 answers the questions on how it works.

I played with BOTH of the units there.

One was plugged up, and running a demo-routine, just moving the filament selector back and forth, and blinking the LEDs.

The other wasn't even plugged up.

🙂

It's not a question of "how does it work", it's a question of "No-one has actually SEEN it work."

Posted : 13/04/2018 12:54 am
Ben
 Ben
(@ben-4)
Trusted Member

I just ordered my printer 2 days ago and ordered the MMU today. I have not been as interested in 3d printing technology since i purchased and built my Mendel many years ago. I'm sure Prusa will make it good or make good, one or the other and I trust them. i have wanted a multi-material printer for a long time, especially one that prints soluble support structure. I may finally get my wish!

I remember reading that Prusa is going to start manufacturing their own filament too. All good.

Posted : 13/04/2018 1:52 am
Sean
 Sean
(@sean-7)
Trusted Member

If you pre order one of these you are an idiot!

Oh and I have a flying car that im going to be selling in 3 months click the link below to pre order!

Posted : 13/04/2018 3:53 am
dryja123
(@dryja123)
Honorable Member

Oh and I have a flying car that im going to be selling in 3 months click the link below to pre order!

I couldn't find the link....

Posted : 13/04/2018 4:01 am
Chris
(@chris-16)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

I ordered my mk3 on 9/26 3 days after announcement and got it 12/18, 5 days after they started shipping. On the mmu there were only a few who ordered the old version so I'm sure it won't be too long.

But however long it takes I'm happy to wait. They are working on using the purge for infill which will cut down the purge size.

Posted : 13/04/2018 4:09 am
Chris
(@chris-16)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

Some idiot must not have posted it

Posted : 13/04/2018 4:10 am
marco.b5
(@marco-b5)
Eminent Member

hahahahha.

Posted : 13/04/2018 4:49 am
digibluh
(@digibluh)
Reputable Member

they probably have 1000 already.... will wait for reviews. in theory it should work.... if software permits and the cutter works and the filament sensors work... (they don't work too well with black at the moment?) and they get shipped...

Posted : 13/04/2018 6:05 am
Rejutka
(@rejutka)
Eminent Member

While I agree that pre-ordering now (especially in light of Mk3/MMU 1) is foolish, I don't think it's useful to insult those who do.

Consider: they are getting the devices first, and will experience firsthand any problems.
Since they are on this forum, they might find solutions and workarounds - or uncover problems the devs didn't see.

So, don't insult pre-orderers - see them as mine detectors! 🙂

Posted : 13/04/2018 12:57 pm
ed
 ed
(@ed-3)
Reputable Member

So, don't insult pre-orderers - see them as mine detectors! 🙂

Yup, I'm in the once bitten twice shy camp... I can wait and see, besides I really like the E3D tool changing setup. https://e3d-online.com/blog/?p=657

Posted : 13/04/2018 1:12 pm
Rejutka
(@rejutka)
Eminent Member

I can wait and see, besides I really like the E3D tool changing setup. https://e3d-online.com/blog/?p=657

Yes, that looks great.
OTOH, the MMU 2.0 should be useable by any printer with some modification, and is certainly cheaper.

Both have advantages, but I think the MMU 2.0 will be the first to be consumer-ready .

(Daydreaming: why not both? 😀 Several toolheads, each with a MMU2 in the back.)

Posted : 13/04/2018 1:48 pm
Ben
 Ben
(@ben-4)
Trusted Member

I think Sean's post was 'tongue in cheek', i.e. he was only making a joke! 🙂 He has an MMU on order for sure, and a bridge in New York he can sell you too.

Posted : 13/04/2018 4:32 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: