Notifications
Clear all

Filament sensor  

RSS
JohnN
(@johnn)
Filament sensor

My filament sensor is busted. I dio b know what happened, but a few of the components are scraped off, so i must have hit it with something. How can i order another one?

Thanks

Posted : 22/07/2018 9:10 pm
dryja123
(@dryja123)
Honorable Member
Re: Filament sensor

My filament sensor is busted. I dio b know what happened, but a few of the components are scraped off, so i must have hit it with something. How can i order another one?

Thanks

Here's the link: https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/mk3-printer-parts/212-mk3-filament-sensor.html

If you can't see that page you must start a support chat and ask for access to the MK3 part store. Only registered owners will have access to order replacement parts.

Posted : 22/07/2018 9:18 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Might be worth holding back a while, support told me (last week} there was a redevelopment due in the next couple of months. if you're buying, might be worth buying the new option.

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 22/07/2018 9:54 pm
Dorothy
(@dorothy)

Filament anxiety is never fun and neither is having to manually keep track of your filament usage because you lack a filament runout sensor.

If you’ve been 3D printing long enough, you’ll understand the disappointment of running out of filament. You leave a long print running only to discover after 10 hours that your printer is “printing air”. There’s no systematically built print, just an extruder flailing around some inches above a useless lump of plastic.

It’s demoralizing, but it happens. Popular YouTuber Thomas Sanladerer considers “filament tangled on the spool” to be the main filament problem behind failed prints.

Pizza Hut Survey
Posted : 03/01/2019 9:55 am
Share: