Notifications
Clear all

Fiberlogy Fibersilk print issue  

RSS
D3nver
(@d3nver)
Fiberlogy Fibersilk print issue

Hi 

Guys has anyone success with printing fiberlogy Fibersilk ? I'm trying to print test 20x20 model by 3DMN and I'm failing with 45degree overhang. I'm trying base profile for fiberlogy PLA and trying different speed with no result

Posted : 29/06/2020 2:46 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: Fiberlogy Fibersilk print issue

If you read the box for Fibreology SILK filament the recommended printing temperature is 210-230 degrees.  If you are using the Prusa default for Fibreology its 210 degrees.  Try bumping up your temperatures.  Silk filaments are usually more problematic in general.  You may want to reduce your retraction distance too.  While this will usually leave more really fine wispy strands they can easily be removed with a jet flame light in seconds.  If you don't in my experience the filament will jam more.

I've printed the fibreology silk red previously at 230 for both first and subsequent layers without issue.  I also knocked my cooling speed back to 80% as the layer bonding wasn't great when run at 100%.

Posted : 29/06/2020 3:15 pm
D3nver
(@d3nver)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Fiberlogy Fibersilk print issue
Posted by: @neophyl

If you read the box for Fibreology SILK filament the recommended printing temperature is 210-230 degrees.  If you are using the Prusa default for Fibreology its 210 degrees.  Try bumping up your temperatures.  Silk filaments are usually more problematic in general.  You may want to reduce your retraction distance too.  While this will usually leave more really fine wispy strands they can easily be removed with a jet flame light in seconds.  If you don't in my experience the filament will jam more.

I've printed the fibreology silk red previously at 230 for both first and subsequent layers without issue.  I also knocked my cooling speed back to 80% as the layer bonding wasn't great when run at 100%.

Thanks for tips, I did change temp from default to 225, about retraction Fiberlogy recommends 2-3 mm, but have no idea if this is settings for Bowden or direct. I'll try to decrease cooking to 80% we will see if it helps. Forgot to add that I'm trying to print with 0.15 mm layer height

Posted : 29/06/2020 3:35 pm
Share: