Clear all

Err: MINTEMP BED  

RSS
luis
 luis
(@luis-2)
Err: MINTEMP BED

Hi everyone

All of the sudden in the middle of a print i get the "mintemp bed" error, and every print i try to start gets stoped by it, sometimes during first layer, other times right before the 1st layer.

Did a test under settings raising bed and nozzle individually and at the same time for a few minutes, it raised and kep its temperature for a while with no problem.

Edit: MK3S, hotend thermisor changed a few days ago.

If the bed thersmistor were to be faulty, wouldnt fail during this test also??

This topic was modified 4 years ago by luis
Posted : 26/04/2020 8:41 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Estimable Member
RE: Err: MINTEMP BED

Movig vs not moving?

Posted : 27/04/2020 7:14 pm
luis
 luis
(@luis-2)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @jerry-s3

Movig vs not moving?

what do you mean?

Posted : 27/04/2020 7:15 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @luistf76

Hi everyone

All of the sudden in the middle of a print i get the "mintemp bed" error, and every print i try to start gets stoped by it, sometimes during first layer, other times right before the 1st layer.

Did a test under settings raising bed and nozzle individually and at the same time for a few minutes, it raised and kep its temperature for a while with no problem.

Edit: MK3S, hotend thermisor changed a few days ago.

If the bed thersmistor were to be faulty, wouldnt fail during this test also??

You certainly have a loose contact (maybe broken) on the bed thermistor cable or a loose connector on the Printerboard. Activate the bed heater, move the bed and watch the display on the LCD screen. MINTEMP is typical for bad thermistors or broken wires.

Also take a look to this site: https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/mintemp-and-mintemp-bed_2169

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:48 pm
luis
 luis
(@luis-2)
Topic starter answered:

Thats what i figured, bad bed thersmistor..

good idea about moving the bed, since i got to take it appart im going to replace it and be done with it. (hopefully)

what else can i use to secure the new thermistor in the bed, i wont have that sticky foil anymore.

Posted : 28/04/2020 10:40 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@luistf76

If possible, you could solder flexible, heat-resistant silicone cables to the thermistor (cut it near both ends) and strip them with a shrink tube. You can use Kapton foil to secure the thermistor.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 28/04/2020 12:55 pm
Share: