Clear all

Adjusting speed on the printer  

RSS
Cynan
(@cynan)
Estimable Member
Adjusting speed on the printer

Hi!

If you're using stock settings in PrusaSlicer, because, you know, you're new and don't want to mess anything up (!), what speed can you go up to on the printer itself via the control knob?

I've only dared try this last night (had the printer approx. 3 weeks) and I went up to 180%. Print seems alright. I was worried that I could damage the hot end if I tried to go to fast without adjusting the temperature? Would it be obvious if I did go to high? I'm sure I heard Jo Prusa say that you should be able to go up to 200% in a video without issues. Is that as far as I should go without changing temp. or any other settings?

Thanks!

Mark.

Posted : 10/06/2020 8:47 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Adjusting speed on the printer

It will depend on the part and how often the printer hits its limits. Smaller parts are often printed at much lower than specified speeds due to physical limits on how fast the nozzle can be moved. Speed is an illusion. What you really want to focus on for faster prints is moving plastic, not nozzle linear speeds. 

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 10/06/2020 12:30 pm
Cynan liked
Cynan
(@cynan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Adjusting speed on the printer

Great article - cheers.

Posted : 10/06/2020 7:52 pm
Share: