Notifications
Clear all

Z vobble?  

RSS
Alucardi
(@alucardi)
Eminent Member
Z vobble?

This is not my first print. I have around 160 print days. I changed to a bond tech extruder and a titan throat. I also changed to a sunon heatsink fan and a ldo parts cooling fan. 
I had a lose throat after a nozzle change so I had to remove the extruder and while doing that I thought I would change the y axis bearings and rods cause one sounded bad. 
This is when I noticed the banding. Prolly more cause I got some filament to beta test. So I thought maybe it’s the filament so I used some add north filament which is .025 in accuracy. It is still there just not as much (think that’s more down to temperature then anything) 
I have tried enclosed printer and outside an enclosure. I did a pid tune on the hot end. I even had the entire gantry apart and changed all bearings and rods and pom nuts. Did a new x/y/z calibration and still the same. The banding when using any other filament is barley visible but it’s there, now I cannot unsee it. I even think I had it before the maintenance. Could it be a fault with the extruder?

Atm there is not much more I can do or change. It’s just the motors them self.

Posted : 13/07/2020 6:53 am
Alucardi
(@alucardi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Z vobble?

I also made sure to do a PiP tune of the bed. Values changed but made no difference. 

Posted : 13/07/2020 11:41 am
Share: