Notifications
Clear all

Wrong lube used on bearings?  

RSS
Daniel McKay
(@daniel-mckay)
Wrong lube used on bearings?

Ok so I followed frequent advise seen that I should soak the LMU8 bearings in IPA and then apply superlube grease. I did that but noticed it seemed pretty thick. I accidentally used part #92003, rather than the #21030. It is a thicker lube and is meant for rubber and gaskets and the sort. It is still PTFE and I’ve heard someone on amazon mention they used 92003 for their MK3s but I’m not sure if I should take the y axis apart, clean the rods and re-soak the bearings in IPA (if that will even work...).

thoughts? Rods are smooth, I can certainly hear them rolling though- although according the guide comments that is normal.

looking for advice should I keep going or find a way to start over. I’ve already lubed up the other bearings as well with 92003.

thank you in advance!

Posted : 09/06/2020 1:06 am
With_Maltodextrin
(@with_maltodextrin)
Trusted Member
RE: Wrong lube used on bearings?

I did the same thing and used 92003 and my MK3S has been fine since I built it 5 months ago. It's fine, use it.

Posted : 09/06/2020 4:43 am
rmm200
(@rmm200)
Noble Member

Made me check on what I use. Mine is 92003. I love it.

Posted : 11/06/2020 12:18 am
Daniel McKay
(@daniel-mckay)
Topic starter answered:

Whew, makes me feel better. I went ahead with the install, everything is set ready for “pre-flight check” looking forward to seeing if I did things right! Thanks for the replies!

Posted : 11/06/2020 2:10 am
Share: