Rough surface on sidewalls after some prints.
Clearly relates to your holes, perhaps a little over-extrusion. I remember having the same thing ages ago but cannot for the life of me remember what I did to get rid of it. 😳 But rest assured, it can be fixed. 🙂
Good too hear that it can be fixed. 😯
But do anyone have any idea of where i can start looking at? want to continue printing 🙄
As I said, start looking at over extrusion. Modify the extrusion multiplier, external perimeter extrusion width and infill overlap. Check "detect thin walls". Try a different filament and/or different *type* of filament to see if you get the same results, etc.
Are those rough surfaces on the back of the print? That is, on the opposite side of the part to the blower fan?
I've had some nasty looking surfaces on the face at the back of part. I don't think the cooling fan reaches around there very well.
Maybe rotate the part on the print bed 45°?
Just a guess. Another thing for you to try.
There were on all sides of the prints!
So i did a full re-calibration (again) cleaned the nozzle and change filament. Went over all screws and connectors.
Did also rotate the pieces for the print and it seems to be printing all perfect again.
Sadly i did all this in one instance so couldn´t locate what caused it but if you get the same problem it should be fixed by doing what i did!
Thanks for the help! 😀
Hello! I just setup my printer and got it printing really good the first few prints but starting to get a problem where my sidewalls get rough, and seems to be spotlike. Have no clue what might cause this. Do anyone have a tip?
The rest of the features and stuff print beautifully. 😯
I'm having issues as well with sidewall artifacts. Not quite the same but see the attached pics. Switched to Prusa Slicer after using Cura for years. So far I like it a lot but I'm having a issue with the line "Starts" or "Stops". Slic3r seems to allow the line to over extrude at the start or stop of a printed line causing the artifacts seen in the attached photos. I've also include screenshot of Slic3r showing the gcode. I believe it has something to do with wipe or retraction settings. I just don;t know PrusaSlicer that well. Any help that the community could provide to correct the issue would be greatly appreciated.
Those are seams, and linear advance might be affecting them. Have you ever calibrated linear advance? Prusa has a procedure, and there is another one out there that I like better - but can't find it right now. Also, the firmware has changed how it does linear advance, and changes to the slicer need to be made to use the new version (though the FW is supposed to handle both cases for a while).
Here's the LA/K-factor test I like: but I can't find the gcode for it.
Thanks for the reply. I do not have linear advance calibrated on this printer. However, I've printed the same model flawlessly on this same printer using Cura. Therefore I believe that there is a setting such as Wipe or Retraction within PrusaSlicer that I simply have incorrect. I've printed a few "Wall Test" samples with PrusaSlicer flawlessly as well but when I try to print something that matters I get this artifact in the wall. I like Slic3r but if I can't correct this issue I will likely switch back to Cura unfortunately for printing on this Ender3 Pro.
PS..I do use PrusaSlicer with linear advance M900 K 0.13 on my Artillery X1.
You might check the K value Cura is sending to the printer and set that in Prusa Slicer.