Notifications
Clear all

Repeat [First Print-Unload filament-Load Filament]  

RSS
bill.g5
(@bill-g5)
Repeat [First Print-Unload filament-Load Filament]

My calibration and settings all appear to be fine on my newly assemble MK3.  For my first run, with every print, it calibrates the 9 points, goes to the beginning of the print only, then moves over to the right side of the printer and requests to Unload the filament.  I unload, reload, then it repeats all over again.

What is going on that I can get a print started?  I have 2 other MK3 that are a year old

Posted : 05/08/2020 10:06 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: Repeat [First Print-Unload filament-Load Filament]

is it a mk3 or an Mk3S?

could your filament sensor be giving false indications? 

If you take the top cap and filament sensor off the mk3S extruder, can you see the filament sensor lever moving? 

there is a spacer for mk3S filament sensors on thingiverse

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 05/08/2020 11:32 pm
bill.g5
(@bill-g5)
Topic starter answered:

I got it.  The filament sensor cable was turned the wrong way.... Red  goes  to the outside.

We are humming now with our first print.  Thanks!

Posted : 06/08/2020 12:19 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Super!

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 06/08/2020 1:10 am
Share: