Notifications
Clear all

Problem with Model not sticking to Plate  

RSS
Ford Ellis
(@ford-ellis)
Problem with Model not sticking to Plate

I'm at my Wits end, I haven't used my MK3S for that last few months, and when I attempted to use it last week I couldn't get print to stick to the Plate.  I've done the following in order, of course all this after the normal Cleaning with IPA, and attempting multiple Calibration and prints between troubleshooting tests

• Changed to a New Roll of PLA
  • Utilized the Glue Stick
  • Replaced Nozzle, 0.4mm Brass with New 0.4mm Brass
  • Reduced Print Speed to 85%
  • Increased the Nozzle Temp to 220 deg C.

All of the prints seem to start out well and then after a few layers, it seems like the movement of the Head onto the extrusion seems to pull the Print of the Bed.

Thanks for any Help

Ford

Posted : 28/09/2020 5:08 pm
ds21_old
(@ds21_old)
RE: Problem with Model not sticking to Plate

I'm assuming you reran the live Z calibration after you changed the nozzle. What does that look like? Is the filament sticking to the plate during that?

Personally, I never managed to get good results using glue stick. I would recommend giving your build plate a good wash using dishwashing soap and a soft sponge and rinse with water afterwards.

Posted : 28/09/2020 6:05 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Scrub your plate with dishwashing liquid and a non-scratch sponge.  

I use:

1. Dawn dish soap
  2. Greener Clean Sponges

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/09/2020 6:08 pm
Ford Ellis
(@ford-ellis)
Topic starter answered:

@daniel-s89

You are correct, I did rerun the live Z calibration after changing the nozzle, that looked normal. 

Thanks,

Posted : 28/09/2020 6:09 pm
Ford Ellis
(@ford-ellis)
Topic starter answered:

Washed with Dish soap and a Lint Free Towel.  Tried the Prusa Logo again.  Popped off the plate while printing the 3rd Layer..

Posted : 28/09/2020 6:43 pm
Ford Ellis
(@ford-ellis)
Topic starter answered:

Forgot to let you know that on that last print it reset to 215 and 100% speed.  Reset it back to 220 deg C and knocked back the speed to 85% and it was just starting the 8th Layer when it popped off

Ford

Posted : 28/09/2020 7:08 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Has the Lint free towel, ever been washed with conditioner? 

if so, that may act as a release agent

which is why I use plain paper towels to dry the build plate, then keep my fingers off it's surface. 

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/09/2020 12:14 am
ekmek
(@ekmek)

I had a similar problem. The calibration wasn't getting close enough. When I used the live z calibration and set to +1.000  then I got PLA stick

Posted : 03/10/2020 4:27 am
Share: