My first test prints from kit! Let me know how I can improve quality.

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
Nonsense
(@nonsense)

I just got my MK3S kit together and with a little tweaking got the belt tensions right where they should be. Here are my two first test prints:

As you can see, the Prusa logo finished successfully however the letters look pretty ugly. They don't feel as rough as they look, but obviously this isn't ideal.

Now here is my calibration cube printed right after that:

Again, it finished and isn't bad overall but I've seen better results from other people's cube prints.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to tweak the printer for best results here? Any comments on the above results are appreciated. Thank you!

Posted : 12/07/2020 6:07 pm
Nonsense
(@nonsense)
Topic starter answered:
RE: My first test prints from kit! Let me know how I can improve quality.

Oh and here are some measurements below if that helps.

The original item is from here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1278865

Posted : 12/07/2020 6:17 pm
Nonsense
(@nonsense)
Topic starter answered:

I also printed Prusa's basic visual cube and noticed some funny business going on.

Two of the corners are perfectly straight all the way up. The two other corners have a weird regular pattern on the way up. What's that about?

(Also seeing the bottom side of this on the right pic, I suspect Live Z might still need to be a little lower, what do you think?)

Posted : 12/07/2020 7:45 pm
Nonsense
(@nonsense)
Topic starter answered:

Someone elsewhere pointed me toward jeffjordan's live z test and that helped me a lot so nevermind about the live z, that's sorted now.

Posted : 12/07/2020 8:31 pm
Nonsense
(@nonsense)
Topic starter answered:

And now to follow up on my own post for anyone else in the future looking for an answer to a similar question, that funny pattern on the edge was due to the prusaslicer seam setting. The default "nearest" setting allowed for this, and changing it to "aligned" eliminated it by putting the seam all together on a single side.

I didn't realize it but it had actually been visible in the program before I even printed it.

On "Nearest" setting:

Posted : 12/07/2020 11:41 pm
You liked
Leon3D
(@leon3d)

Not sure how to follow a thread but I'm very interested in people's reactions, keeping an eye on this, thanks.

Also please post if you gained any improvements

Posted : 16/07/2020 12:44 pm
Share: